SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#205806 - 03/23/01 11:00 AM Triton - Live Arranger
LiveArranger Offline

Hi Arrangers:

I am in the process of buying Triton. I am sure that it can be used flexibly in a studio. However I need some serious suggestions if it can be used to play live.

Regards,
AspiringLiveArranger

#205807 - 03/23/01 03:53 PM Re: Triton - Live Arranger
Clif Anderson Offline

Lots of people use the Triton live. While it has a couple of arpeggiators, it is not an arranger keyboard.

#205808 - 03/23/01 07:20 PM Re: Triton - Live Arranger
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
I use it for solo playings all the time.but when their is a singerI use it for back ground, it really have very good back ground sounds but as an arranger I use my old Roland.

------------------
vic:)

#205809 - 03/23/01 08:55 PM Re: Triton - Live Arranger
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
If you use pre-recorded drum tracks or any kind of sequenced backing, the Triton will be a little clumsy. The arrpeggiators can "simulate" an arranger pattern....sort of but it's not the same thing, and the flexibility is limited. Best bet is to get a dedicated arranger module or at least a good, solid drum machine.
Are you doing a solo thing? Sequences? Manual bass? What.... ?

#205810 - 03/26/01 05:20 AM Re: Triton - Live Arranger
Stevizard Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
I had a Triton Pro with SCSI and MOSS expansion board. It's got great sounds, two arpeggiators, a great keyboard feel, and stunning good looks. However, as I've said before, Korg's Triton is a screen surfer.

That is, whenever you want to change something you've got to surf from screen to screen to screen to screen to screen - no exaggeration! It's not unusual to have to surf down 5 or 6 screens to find what you want. That's OK in the studio but if you plan to use it live -- forget it.

I got rid of mine and got a Yamaha 9000PRO instead, and am I ever glad I did. Haven't had a single problem, glitch, or technical difficulty. The 9000PRO has plenty of buttons (Triton doesn't), great sounds, good arranger styles, and changing settings is quick and easy.

If you're looking for a studio controller, then go for the Triton. If you're looking for a great all-around keyboard, then take a good look at the 9000PRO.

PS. The Triton uses Yamaha's 9000PRO keybed and keys, so you get the same great key response.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online