SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#205439 - 03/19/05 08:14 AM Re: Start giving people!
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Andy-

First, I agree with others that many of the topics just don't appeal to me. I don't use soft synths, for example, so I'm not going to comment on a string of that nature.

Topics more geared to "How-to" information, arranger questions/answers, listening to the work from others and general questions about working in the music business are the most attractive posts to me.

This is an arranger user resource. It is secondarily a social forum, IMO. Anything beyond the exchange of information takes take to develop naturally. In the past year, I have developed some cyber relationships with a few people on the board and I appreciate being able to bounce things off of them from time to time.

Like the others suggested-stay on topic, relax, participate in as friendly a fashion you can and let time do its thing. Over time, you'll likely identify others who share your specific interests and you'll find the exchanges you're looking for.

Bill in Dayton

#205440 - 03/19/05 08:48 AM Re: Start giving people!
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I agree with all of the replies here Andy, You just arrived .. relax and take in what you can from this forum. I've been here 4 and half years and in that time I have learned an awful lot that I didn't know before because of my time here.

Over time my interests have shifted from hardware to software arrangers and synths. Much of that is a direct result of reading information I first saw here.

For me and the way I work, that's become a natural progression. Still, it is best to try to keep the discussions here mainly related to arranger use, no matter which type we choose to use.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 03-19-2005).]

#205441 - 03/19/05 08:59 AM Re: Start giving people!
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Gee, thanks for the thanks... were trying to help, sometimes we cant because we dont know about the topic. I help those who I CAN help, i post what I need help on. You cant exspect everyone to give help to those who need it. Everyone has different topics which they know well, other topics people cant help because they dont know anything about it. And dont you think some people has other things goin on and cant post at certain times?

This is the best forum you will find, its more arranger based, but trust me you can find at least one person to help you on what you need.

Now im gunna exspect you to help every who needs it, if thats what you exspect.

Phil

[This message has been edited by Pennywizz6 (edited 03-19-2005).]

#205442 - 03/19/05 11:14 AM Re: Start giving people!
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Stay cool, Andy! I know sometimes it's hard to exercise patience instead to work on with the instruments. How will it work if you're trying to shoot your troubles while awaiting the answers? In some cases I've repaired my harms before I've got any advices. So I could clear those topics with my experience to advice others who also will have such problems.

I've arrived in SynthZone just about two months ago. I had have a trouble with my synth which I'm still fighting with. At first I've posted it into the wrong path. Then I've corrected this little mistake. After this I had to wait just two weeks for an answer. What does it means? Well, my synth is very old and there are not many users with experience with it on this forum any more.

But in the meanwhile I've parsed the other topics which seemed to be interesting to me. So I've learned many things and have got many impressions from people out of other countries.

Take what you can get and give what you can give!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 03-19-2005).]

#205443 - 03/19/05 03:03 PM Re: Start giving people!
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Andy, although I'm kinda a new member myself
I must echo the statements of some of the other members....This is without a doubt the
best fraternity of people who share a common interest, MUSIC in general and KEYBOARDS in specific....we can't all be experts to have all the answers to all the questions all the time, you have to realize that the camaraderie amongst our membership is the best in the internet forum world....if there
is a certain area that you wish to cover and explore, you only have to put it up there and
wait for someone to respond and I'm sure that someone will in time..know how the system works, then work the system, we are all here to help and support each other and
we all will be here for you if you give it a chance...just like this thread you started...
look at all the responses you have received on your post....we are here, however, all posts don't excite all members the same....as
some members have pointed out, give us some information on you so we know who we are dealing with...your profile says nothing about you...I've read some of your other posts and frankly wasn't interested in any
but this one so far...just my 2 cents worth.

#205444 - 03/19/05 03:17 PM Re: Start giving people!
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/ViLo/Mi%20Album/CryGirl.bmp[/img]

[This message has been edited by ViLo (edited 03-19-2005).]

#205445 - 03/19/05 03:59 PM Re: Start giving people!
Vquestor Offline

Everything goes in cycles. So don't bail just
because things seem like they're in a slump.
Here is a picture of a sexy keyboardist to
cheer you all up.

Darn the paste doesn't work.
Is there a way to disable HTML so I can paste
a .jpg? Or is there another way?

[This message has been edited by Vquestor (edited 03-19-2005).]

#205446 - 03/19/05 04:33 PM Re: Start giving people!
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by YamahaAndy:
So I don't know if this is justified, but I'm starting to feel a little pissed off .... at least 30% of the responses has been bull shit... Please post more stuff here or I will soon go somewhere else!

Andy, your post is pretty drastic for a new guy on the block... Some of us have been here for years and I think that this forum has been perfect.

The name of this forum is "General Arranger Keyboards". Many or most of the topics that you bring up have NOTHING to do with Arrangers. Nobody has complained to you, as we try to be nice and hospitable. But now that you mention it, there are many, many other forums on the net which would give you exactly what you're looking for -- maybe you should try them. Here is an example where you would find yourself completely at home: http://studio-central.com/phpbb/

Additionally, I have been members of many forums and this one has been the best. This forum is a community. Many of us - especially the ones who have been here longer -- consider ourselves friends even though we've never met. All the other forums are so heavily populated that most questions and comments get ignored or are not properly addressed.

Once again, if you have an interest in arrangers, please stay. But if you don't own one, and don't plan to, don't feel bad to carry out your threat.

Chony

#205447 - 03/20/05 01:39 AM Re: Start giving people!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I think the Bar has taken its toll. The people here on this Forum who IMO really aren't serious about pursuing their Musical talents or their interest in Arranger Keyboards or Keyboards in general have wandered off the path and ended up over at the hic' hic'..... Bar. SMOOOOTHHHH' Misery loves company I guess. Hey, where else can you go and talk about nothing in general to nobody in particular, right? You got it - the infamous BAR..

Just join an internet Chat room like mIRC or Trellix, etc. You'll be able to talk about nothing in particular to nobody in general all day long if you want.

Sorry, but I think the 'Bar' sends the wrong message to what we're trying to accomplish here at the Zone. And that is to learn and talk about Arranger Keyboards whether Hardware OR Software based. Or just Keyboards in general and their related topics like Mixers, Speakers, Mics, etc.

But it seems our frivolous members are succumbing to the Bar and aren't really serious about what this Forum represents but have chosen rather to belly up at that infamous drink hole to shoot the 'breeze' about all things trivial and IMO redundant in nature.

If someone wants to post an occasional OT topic in the General Arranger Forum then let them. But to subjugate a separate 'area' where people do so is dividing the house and damaging our cause IMO. And you know what they say: "A House divided against itself cannot stand."

If you want to talk about other things than what this Forum was made for then talk about them on THIS Forum if you want, only do it sparingly.

Then again if you aren't serious about your Musical talent or Arranger Keyboards and their related topics and want to shoot the breeze instead, then simply leave the Group and join a Chat room if you must.

But the BAR is an enabler and should be CLOSED ASAP and indefinitely IMO. Otherwise the numbers will continue to dwindle and eventually peter out completely I'm afraid.

May it never be!

Best regards,
Mike

#205448 - 03/20/05 04:12 AM Re: Start giving people!
Smokey Offline

Loc: Colorado
B.S.!!!

The bar and this forum offer the best of both worlds. Remember the conflict over OT postings? Just as in the real world, if you don’t like bars, Don’t go there!

Just the way I see it, Smokey

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online