SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 16 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16 >
Topic Options
#205286 - 09/23/04 08:20 AM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
Dnj Offline

I had to remove it to make room on my host.....
I can email the pic if you desire.

#205287 - 09/23/04 08:28 AM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
I already offered space for the G70 picture in my server. It would also be interesting to know the source of that picture, if possible (if it's not a secret!). Donny, please think twice before removing a thread: you are not only removing you material but also all the posts that follow! Thanks -- José.

#205288 - 09/23/04 08:57 AM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
Dnj could you please email it to me. I'll try to post it up.

#205289 - 09/23/04 12:34 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
alright here it is...

#205290 - 09/23/04 01:52 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Vic,

Thanks for posting the image.
Can you magnify this picture to max size (ideally to be able to read button labels) and post in a separate thread?

Thanks,
Alex

#205291 - 09/23/04 02:43 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
digitalvision Offline

Loc: UK
I rarely post on this forum due to the amount of spin but can assure all that are viewing the above image that it is not real in the sense that it has been created as a visual and is NOT photographic.

#205292 - 09/23/04 02:50 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
digitalvision Offline

Sorry what should have been mentioned above is that it appears to have been a drawing for a manual and IS NOT A DIRECT PHOTOGRAPH FROM AN ACTUAL PRODUCT.

THIS LOOKS TO ME LIKE 'AN INTENTIONAL "LEAK", as in, let's get the suckers interested in our new product, as we're not in a position yet to release official photo's, but we'll get the trolls in on the act and let the cat out of the bag.

C'mon, get real. Spend your money wisely!

p.s. posting a reply to my posts may be deemed 'playing the game to further the interest'.

[This message has been edited by digitalvision (edited 09-23-2004).]

#205293 - 09/23/04 03:18 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Quote:
Originally posted by digitalvision:
C'mon, get real. Spend your money wisely!

And how do you propose we do that? To buy a plastic wonder from Yamaha? or garganuan back-breaker from Korg which weighs more pounds than it has notes of polyphony? Or Ketron, who can not muster one of their sfaff to answer questions from loyal but frustrated users?

There is no harm in being curious, especially when there is nothing out there at present that is good enough to replace one's present board, which is six years old.

Perhaps this picture is not the real thing - we will find out in a week's time. However, if someone is willing to stake their credibility on this picture, I am certainly willing to risk my curiosity.

I don't mean any offence to the people who use and/or like any of the above brands of instruments - I am glad it works for you. However, every time I tried them, there was always something stopping me from liking them enough to buy them.

For the last 13 years I have been playing Roland keyboards, and knowing the quality of their sounds and styles, I am fairly certain that if the feature mix which George described at the beginning of this post is packaged well (I am not forced to use touch screen), then this will be a keyboard for me. Not that I will buy it before trying (or at least being able to return it). However, it seems that Roland have implemented a number of suggestions which I had written to them about. And heck, it appears that Roland even has a customer contact phone number now here in the US.

So lighten up - this picture is not offensive to anyone.

[This message has been edited by Alex K (edited 09-23-2004).]

#205294 - 09/23/04 03:37 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
digitalvision Offline

its offensive in the sense that its promotion without being tagged as promotion.

#205295 - 09/23/04 08:50 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by digitalvision:
its offensive in the sense that its promotion without being tagged as promotion.

So what? Everything is promotion nowadays and this Forum is no exception; even George's original posting was just that: plain and simple promotion.
Fact is, this Forum is composed by a huge bunch of potential buyers and the vast majority of us is eagerly waiting to "invest" our money on something new, provided it is worth the while...
So.... where is the sin and who is the sinner?

Page 8 of 16 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online