SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 16 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16 >
Topic Options
#205296 - 09/24/04 04:40 AM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
Minimix Offline

Loc: Portugal
I really don't understand why digitalvison is so mad about the G-70 Pic. If you don't like Roland you don't have to look at it. If you don't like "promotion" maybe you should not be in this forum (or in any other) - it has a banner on the top promoting ZZounds with a pic from a Korg Triton. The pic I'm sharing is not in fact an "real picture" from an "actual product". It is a drawing as you say. But so close to the real that you can assume the G-70 will look like that. Anyone surfing on the net knows what design software does. Any way, if you pick a catalog from an real product from Roland or other brand you will read in the final page "All specifications and appearences are subject to change without notice". Does that makes you doubt on what you're looking at?
As I said before, I got this pic from a "PRE-RELEASE" information from Roland and you got to see it just like a "PRE-RELEASE PIC" from the G-70.It is not inteded for public use and you certanly don't believe that Roland will be promoting the G-70 with this pic. Anyway and again, it is enough to satisfy my curiosity for a new keyboard. Me, you and everybody will have to wait a little bit longer to see the real thing.
Finnaly, as you say, you rarely post in this forum so don't be so worried about us - we've been "spinning" here for longer

Best Regards

[This message has been edited by Minimix (edited 09-24-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Minimix (edited 09-24-2004).]

#205297 - 09/24/04 09:25 AM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Wow, if that is a touch screen, it's really small!

------------------
Graham

#205298 - 09/24/04 10:04 AM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Can't be a touch screen: with all those buttons wouldn't make any sense, would it?
Besides, this keyboard will most likely share a lot of things with the Fantom X (sounds included) so my guess is that it will have a flashy non- touch display, like the "X" has.

#205299 - 09/24/04 10:10 AM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Of all the manufacturers that I have dealt with in the music business,,,Roland , never hyped their products before release[and an already manufactured product]..I can recall many times I got wind of a new product before the Roland sales reps did...

This is not a purposeful "leak"...When it is made..Roland will say it is...until then..they won't..

#205300 - 09/24/04 10:13 AM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
digitalvision Offline

Loc: UK
Right, no leak then, so where did the image come from?

#205301 - 09/24/04 11:30 AM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
I just saw a piece of info on one of the european sites, indicating that the price in Europe would be 3469 Euros, or around $3800 US. I don't know if this includes VAT, or not, but at this price this will be the most expensive mass-produced keyboard

Regards

#205302 - 09/24/04 11:45 AM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
Minimix Offline

Loc: Portugal
Quote:
Originally posted by digitalvision:
Right, no leak then, so where did the image come from?

This will be the last time I'll try to explain this. I have a contact (wich by the way is a friend of mine) at a Roland dealer. I will not mention who he is directly 'cause the information is secret 'till 1 October and I don't want to expose him.
He emailed me a copy of the original pre-release information email from where I copied the pic. For everyone who thinks I'm joking, have any weird intetions or have in some way "manufactered" the pic I just say : Wait till the official release. For all the others who believe in me I say: I can be wrong about the display but you can all bet the G-70 will look very closely to pic.

#205303 - 09/24/04 08:28 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
zuki Offline

Minimix,
You're starting to sound like John the Baptist
Zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#205304 - 09/24/04 09:32 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Fran,
The "leak" I received came directly from Roland so they must want you all to know something is coming soon.........They are very aware of the talk around here with many of you being dissapointed Roland hasn't been around the higher end arrangers with a very viable product the past few years. And again, my Roland source tells me that there is not a touchscreen but just a similar display from the VA76 product.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#205305 - 09/24/04 10:07 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
George, If Roland is releasing info on the first of Oct..I will bet the G70 is already a finished product..and no need for hype..I am sure they did not really intend to make public via leaks[well maybe a little for you George]...
Remember how Yamaha puts out releases[info] a year in advance, while the board is on the drawing table..I never recall Roland doing this..

Page 9 of 16 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online