SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16 >
Topic Options
#205216 - 09/09/04 01:07 PM Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
It's always fun for me to get an early lead on somthing new getting ready to be announced. I know many of you read this forum waiting to hear just this kind of information. I am letting you in on what's soon to be announced by Roland Europe in the next few weeks........just a little sooner!
On October 1, 2004 Roland will be unvailing a new 76 key "top of the line" arranger keyboard. I am going to give you what information I have from a very reliable source who has preliminary data sheets and pictures of this new keyboard.

The 76 key keyboard has the same action found in Roland's G1000 keyboard (the one Fran loves so much). This will be good news for many who preferred this keybed over the current VA76. This was also used in the Roland XP80. There are no speakers on board.

The polyphony is 128 note

There is a large color screen

The operation is all push buttons......NO touchscreen on this model!(Seems like Roland listened to most of you who disliked the touch screen)

The keyboard looks more like the G1000 but with some looks from the VA76 (mostly because of the large square screen)

192 MB of rom sounds.(largest in Roland's current keyboards). 1598 tones in 16(or maybe18) catagories. The Ultimate Grand Piano from the Fantom X is included.

270 styles using a new "Progressive Style Technology". Each style has 4 variations, 4 intros, 4 endings and 6 Fill ins(that's right, "6" fill ins.)

There is a floppy drive, a PC Card Slot which takes the same adaptor as a lap top computer for using all kinds of external storage devices including IBM Micro Drives.

Internally there is 50MB of memory (that's quite a lot!)

One SRX Expansion slot is provided for adding additional sounds from Rolands huge library.

A fully programmable VK8 Virtual Organ is included with 9 faders right under the screen for complete control. There is a B3 Emulator featuring, like the VK8 Percussion, Leakage, Overdrive, Vibrato, Leslie and Registrations.

A feature from the Discover 5 which allows you to change all of the data while playing a SMF is available and then storing while on the fly.

Adaptive Chord Voicing- Intelligent Chord voicing while playing the style with the left hand so as to not hear any "jump" in octave of certain style parts while moving up the keyboard.

Vocal Harmonizer with seperate audio output and seperate effects processor.

Audio Stereo inputs with seperate effects (85 different effects)

Each section of the keyboard has it's own effects (some more than 1 or 2) seperate from the other parts. Right hand has 3, Backing styles have 2, VK Organ has 3 (Rotory, Vibrato and Overdrive. The Vocal input has noise gate, compressor, Reverb and Delay.

D-Beam is included

Screen will display the Score and the Lyrics.

Video out is standard on the back to view on a large TV or Monitor.

16 track sequencer with Micro Scope Edit

Chord extractor will provide chords when playing back a standard midi file which does not include chords.

Programmable One Touch settings within the styles.

144 User Programs with no limit to how many can be stored when using a PC card storage device.(I'm not real clear on this one!)

Vocal harmonizer presets include 30 small, 30 ensemble and 24 vocodor setups. There are also talk, voice effects, auto pitch and singer modes.

The G70 doesn't appear to have sampling or hard disk recording. I asked about this and I was told no, but again this was a quick look over a fax from Italy.
This is the information I have right now.
I've been told the product will begin showing up by the end of the year in Europe and probably will not be shown until the Winter NAMM show here in the USA. Price is not known at this time until it's official unvailing in October in Europe.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#205217 - 09/09/04 01:26 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I actually might be a candidate for such a beast, now that I'm in a sit-down situation again. We'll know by the time it's out.
Sounds super. However I didn't really like the heavy action of the G800/1000, so might not like this either. But I'll bet there will be a light-action version to follow.
All right! Something new to talk about.
Has Uncle Dave ordered one yet.
DonM

#205218 - 09/09/04 01:27 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
I've found this forum to be a bit boring lately. This should liven up the forum.
"Ultimate Grand Piano from the Fantom X". Wow. The demos on this one are sweet. This is very exciting news.
Fran might actually part with his G1000. Way to go Roland. It's more then time.
SRX expansion. Very smart move on Roland's part. This will make the G70 very appealing and also make more $ for Roland. Also, more then about time, on this no brainer. I believe members on this board mentioned a SRX card on a Roland wish list.
Roland could actually be listening to user's???
Starkeeper

[This message has been edited by Starkeeper (edited 09-09-2004).]

#205219 - 09/09/04 01:44 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Great news George..
This confirms info I recieved 3 months ago[ G2000 or V-70 were mentioned]. So I guess they compromised..G70..

Like I said before Roland already had all the components...they just had to put it together...
The only thing not confirmed is the MP3/wave player...Hope this becomes available , even as an option..
The PCMCIA slot may open the door for new "ideas"..maybe self contained card with it's built in drivers[like VX Pocket audio card}...

My G1000 will not be sold, even with my "new" G70...but if the new board handles some of the chores of the VA-7[read and write text/lyrics,as an example],my VA-7 might be available..[sorry Tim]..

#205220 - 09/09/04 02:02 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
harosha Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
If it doesn't have a sampler, it doesn't interest me a bit! I'll stick with my PA1X and Fantom X combo : )

#205221 - 09/09/04 02:07 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
Fran Carango Offline

The least used feature of any arranger keyboard is the sampler function..for 99.9% of the arranger people this is No BIG deal..
It is so hard to sample anything that would come close to factory samples..
Harosha I quess you are in that1/10 th % group..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 09-09-2004).]

#205222 - 09/09/04 02:09 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

Fran, I am surprised.

Here is what I think. Fran cannot be separated from his G1000. The day will come when it will experience a catastrophic failure with no parts availability. Plus noone will know how to service it. And...and...and...Fran remains forevermore with his G1000----no sound----just memories. Sad!!!

[This message has been edited by Frank L. Rosenthal (edited 09-09-2004).]

#205223 - 09/09/04 02:15 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
Fran Carango Offline

Hey Frank ,I could hang it on the wall as a conversation piece, like a painting..Or make a coffee table out of it...There is always, the needed door stop...There are so many ways to use the G1000 in it's after-life...

#205224 - 09/09/04 02:20 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
shakeel Ahmed Offline

Loc: gujranwala,punjab,Pakistan
What no sampler?Dont tell me i cant beleive it!!!!!!

#205225 - 09/09/04 02:26 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
harosha Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
I totally agree with you Fran, most arranger keyboard players don't even need a sampler. I mainly use sampled acoustic drums and percussion loops in my styles, trust me, the sounds of drums and percussion from some of the professionally sampled loops are AMAZING!

I really don't need a full feature sampler on an arranger, just enough features to slice loops to incorporate in styles.

Just saw Shakeel's post, I guess I am not the only one using samplers on an arranger : )

[This message has been edited by harosha (edited 09-09-2004).]

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online