Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 15 16 >
Topic Options
#205226 - 09/09/04 02:38 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
shakeel Ahmed Offline

Loc: gujranwala,punjab,Pakistan
Hrosha, some time i feel pity for those who
dont use sampler.This is the age of samplers
and we have to admit it,if not,how long.
Sampling makes u more creative rather than a
robot.I was not excpecting from Roland.May be
in the final production we have sampler in it.

#205227 - 09/09/04 02:59 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
R-F Offline

Loc: Berlin/ Germany
Hello,
good to read about the new Roland. I hope, it's equipped with USB for using an external ZIP drive to read all the VA data.
I hope, the style companies does offer new 4 variation styles for Roland.
6 fill Ins are good, but in what way are they connected with the 4 variations?
In Yamaha we have for each variation a fill in and a global break, in Technics ev'ry variation contains two fill ins.
I hope the price is not higher as the Tyros price. This day, I tried again a VA 76, special offer for 1600 Euro but compared with the Yamaha and Korg stuff it sounds not so good. The release of the new one makes it more difficult to sell the old ones (VA 7/76).
Maybe the new Roland key is a good way, to make an Atelier organ more portable and more payable.
Do you know how I can get a notification about presentations in Germany (my music store does notify me always late)?

------------------
Regards
RF

#205228 - 09/09/04 03:52 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
to the genesys Offline

Waw!! this sounds like a winner.
I hope that sampling and hard disk recording will be available some way on this board. Being able to have samples on user styles to me are becoming essential for music performance and production today.
Also I hope it has sound editing.
I am glad to hear that it is not just an arranger but also has a sequencer.

Hopefully it will be a reasonably priced board and the weight will not be on the heavy side i.e. over 40 LBS.

This may be a contender now that I am looking to get back a 76 key keyboard.

#205229 - 09/09/04 03:57 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
You won't need a USB for a zip drive. You can use the PC slot which can then be adapted to be used with a zip drive or any other type of drive. There is a USB to host device to use with a computer.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
(Retired 2021)

#205230 - 09/09/04 04:05 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
zuki Offline

I hope they keep their uncomparable styles, including their fabulous human voices.

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#205231 - 09/09/04 04:19 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
The Accordionist Offline

192Mb of ROM? This beast will be the new King of un-expanded workstation ROM. Bye-bye to the Motif ES 175Mb of ROM.

With all of those features I see this as a $3000+ board. Sure sounds interesting George. I'm going back and forth and back and forth between the ES, Fantom XR, and Tyros. It's been driving me crazy. And with the ES Rack probably 3 months away that's been on my mind as well.

This new G70 throws a monkey wrench in the whole thing. And since you can add an SRX board this will be killer. The Complete Orchestra board is unbelievable and one of the main reasons I want to buy the Fantom XR and control it with my Technics digital piano. Throw in 192Mb of sounds PLUS styles and this thing is killer. 50Mb of internal storage should be able to support any arranger player's styles and SMFs, WITH video.

Thanks for the information. I'll probably buy a workstation/arranger within the next ten years!

Tommy

#205232 - 09/09/04 04:42 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
This really sounds exciting. Even tho I love my SD1, there isn't much competition in 76 key AK. The exclusion of speakers should allow the weight to be reasonable... the SD1 is only 37 lbs.

I own the XP80, and the keybed is one reason I would never give it up, it's fantastic. The inclusion of a programable VK should make this a very desireable KB. Thanks for the report, George.

[This message has been edited by GlennT (edited 09-09-2004).]

#205233 - 09/09/04 05:07 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
This is fantastic news! I wish we hadn't lost our recent posts, because I pretty much hit this right on the nose with my predictions this past summer. As a VR-760 owner too, I might be tempted to sell the 2k and 760 for the new G-70. I agree I don't need sampling and, really with my laptop, storage is not a problem. I can see at least $2799 as a list. Can't wait !!!

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 09-09-2004).]

#205234 - 09/09/04 05:44 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
I am glad to see Roland has not abandoned its participation in the high-end arranger keyboard market. Of course, the proof will be in the pudding, but if they kept what was done right in the G1000, I will be buying one. From George's post, it seems that they have addressed most (if not all) of my gripes - the polyphony, the vocal harmonizer, a good sound set, no touchscreen, but all buttons, the One Touch settings per style, no more ZIP, and solid state storage instead - btw, the 2 GB compact flash card costs about $160, and the adaptor for PCMCIA slot is another $10 - a cost-effective way to store loads of stuff, better than the USB dongle, which sticks out.

I agree with Fran - sampling is something I would not do, if I want a sampled sound, I'd use a laptop with a audio card, and appropriate software. However, it would be nice to be able to download additional sounds into the keyboard's memory.

A question to George - 50 MB of internal memory seems like a lot, way too much for storing user presets, or even sequences. What do you think it is used for? Must be for some audio data.

As for the price, Roland high-end stuff is usually quite expensive. I would guess a list of $3499, and street price of $2900 - this is not cheap, but the build quality of Roland is usually quite good, and to me it seems to offer a better combination of features than the Korg's stuff does.

Regards,
Alex

#205235 - 09/09/04 07:28 PM Re: Roland's New Pro Arranger - G 70
Smokey Offline

Loc: Colorado
I could sell the 2100, VK7 and if the G70 has aftertouch my SY85. Only 1 board! What would I do with my other two hands?

Smokey

Page 2 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 15 16 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online