SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#204825 - 07/05/03 04:48 PM PSR2100 problem?
Beakybird Offline

All of a sudden, my PSR2100's pedal #2 has switched polarity. If I plug in a Yamaha footswitch and assign the footswitch to sustain, notes sustain continuously until I switch the polarity inside the keyboard to (-) negative.

This is weird and worrisome. Hopefully, not a harbinger of a more severe problem to come.

Beakybird

#204826 - 07/05/03 05:45 PM Re: PSR2100 problem?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Larry,

Try a master reset, and if the problem persists, run, don't walk to the warranty repair center or send it back from whence it came. Sounds like a bad omen.

Good luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#204827 - 07/05/03 06:25 PM Re: PSR2100 problem?
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Larry, if the System Reset doesn't correct the problem don' get too excited just yet.

If you go into the Function Menu/Controller/Pedal Settings you have already noticed the + - polarity settings. I have 2 foot pedals that I use simultaneously on my PSR 2000. Both of the Polarities on mine are set to "+". Try it on yours to see if it makes a difference. If you do try it, make sure you "PRESS" the EXIT button on the bottom right of the LCD as many times as necessary to get to the MAIN screen. You might also have to Power Off the 2100 then Power it back On for the changes to be applied permanently. But maybe not. Also make certain that the #2 foot pedal it seated into the connector "all the way". And while your at it make sure the #1 pedal is all the way in too. My PSR 2000's #2 pedal connector takes a little more Umphh' to seat it completely into the connector.

Let us know if this does the trick or even if it doesn't, so we can do some further diagnosing if need be to help you find a solution. {Hopefully it won't be in sending the PSR 2100 back to your retailer for a replacement}.

Best regards,
Mike

#204828 - 07/07/03 10:11 AM Re: PSR2100 problem?
Beakybird Offline

The problem didn't exist in the first place. On the PSR2100 the footswitch #2 is reversed polarity. This didn't cause a problem for me until I was using one of the switches for fill self instead of harmony on/off. The fill kept on going until I reversed the polarity on the keyboard. I tested my other PSR2100 and that keyboard also has reversed polarity on footswitch #2.

Beakybird

Beakybird

#204829 - 07/08/03 05:39 PM Re: PSR2100 problem?
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
If you step on the pedal while you turn the power on, the pedal will now operate backwards. Here's the easy fix:
1. Unplug the pedal.
2. Turn off the power.
3. Plug in the pedal.
4. Turn on the power.

If you saved registrations with the pedal reversed, you will probably have to resave them.

Regards,

------------------
Steve Deming
Assistant Manager
Customer Support Dept.
Pro Audio & Combo Division
Yamaha Corporation of America

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online