SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#204217 - 09/14/06 05:27 PM Re: What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
casiobot Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
To do what you require, the computer would need to know the time signature and the notes played, (Half note, whole note etc) however in the future, it may be possible for the computer to read your mind to obtain this information, but we are not there yet. (Fortunately)
Tap Tempo is currently the most professional way to achieve the speed you require, and is the equivalent of 1….2….1.2.3.4 in, that professional musicians and bands use.
Enjoy whatever you play.

Bill

Well,the computer apparently DID know what it was supposed to know,about ten years ago I'd say.
On the back cover of "Keyboard"(Cover date March 1997-Harry Connick Jr.)is an ad for MOTU's "Free Style 2.0" that featured something called "Sense Tempo" that did basically what I was suggesting.
Now if THAT was possible 10 years ago,I am sure it's possible NOW.

#204218 - 09/14/06 05:36 PM Re: What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
To put it charitably, Tap Tempo USED to suck...... it never was very reliable on my G1000, but the G70 is spot on. Must be the faster processor......

#204219 - 09/14/06 05:43 PM Re: What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Umm...CraigUk - why did you say this? :

"If a new arranger came to the market that had fantastic sounds, styles, 76 weighted keys, superb editing facilities, full ability to record your songs and edit them more like you can do on a PC using eg. Pro tools and also had an internal CDRW, also had the ability to load my own collection of samples into it quickly (not like the slow T2 lol) I would buy it immediately."

When you have (if I remember - correct me if I'm ...etc) a PAX-1 Pro????

Doesn't it (practically) do all that (and more!) ??????

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#204220 - 09/14/06 08:52 PM Re: What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Quote:
Originally posted by rolandfan:
No matter how good a keyboard they make their name will always be their curse
Unfortunately, I agree. My friends, even those who don't get a bit of synths, know Casio manufacture cheap products.

What I mean, when they come to my home and see the "Casio" name on my keyboard they'll be prejudiced the music the music they are going to listen to will be of low quality.

As for me, it doesn't matter what brand my keyboard is as long as it entertains me. I'm afraid I'm too much accustomed to Yamaha and it is unlikely that I'll switch brands in the near futured.

Regards,
George

#204221 - 09/15/06 04:52 AM Re: What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by George V:
I'm afraid I'm too much accustomed to Yamaha and it is unlikely that I'll switch brands in the near futured.

Regards,
George

I do demo all Brand name keyboards, including Casio, and I would definitely consider it. Since I don't play out, the Casio brand is not an issue, but I have to agree with George I am becoming a loyal Yamaha customer. I will soon sell my Roland keyboard, leaving me with 2 Yamahas. Those sweet voices are hard to beat.
Starkeeper

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online