SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#204207 - 09/02/06 06:57 PM Re: What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
Esh Offline

Loc: Hilton Head, SC, USA
Casio newer Privia pianos are nice. I'm sort of a fan of the Casio PX-555, and I nearly bought one. I didn't buy it because of the 32-note polyphony limitation, but design-wise it's not bad (nice and light to carry, good keyboard action). I'd love to see Casio improve on this with 64+ polyphony and other pro-level features.

I did buy a Radio Shack rebranded copy of the Casio CDP-100 to use as a graded-hammer MIDI controller with my Yamaha 9000 Pro, and yes I did cover over the Radio Shack name on it. I wish Casio would simply call their keyboards "Privia" and leave off the "Casio" label on the audience-facing back (or "Radio Shack" as in my case). In fact I have a Casio keyboard bag for the Radio Shack piano and it simply says "Privia" on it.

[This message has been edited by Esh (edited 09-02-2006).]

#204208 - 09/02/06 08:32 PM Re: What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
never understood why Casio wouldn't put tap tempo
in their kb's..I find it essential for playing what you feel
and catching th next grrov just right..
Miami Mo

#204209 - 09/03/06 07:08 AM Re: What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
Casio's business model has always been about the needs of the masses. The Privia is for the masses that want a decent sounding/feeling piano. The arrangers are OK and very reasonably priced. They will add features like the T2 SA voices or the G70 guitar mode when it makes economic sense for a product that can sell at GC AND at Circuit City and Sam's Club. If it can be used for prosumer or professional uses then yea for us. But the focus has been and most likely will be consumer for Casio.

For me, I would have no problem playing out on a Casio keyboard. My first keyboard twenty five years ago was a Casio and I played out with it proudly.

#204210 - 09/03/06 09:49 AM Re: What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
casiobot Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keysvocalssax:
never understood why Casio wouldn't put tap tempo
in their kb's..I find it essential for playing what you feel
and catching th next grrov just right..
Miami Mo

Tap tempo,to put it charitably,*sucks*fermented goat puss.
What is really needed is a "tempo tracker" function.All you do is play something and the TT would give you the readout in bpm.
Much,MUCH faster!

#204211 - 09/03/06 11:28 AM Re: What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard: Would you play it on gigs?

Hi Bill,

I purchase and play a keyboard for its sound quality, reliability & one which includes features (tools) that best match my personal playing style. Whether it ends up being: Casio, Roland, Ketron, GEM, Korg, Yamaha, Techincs, or brand X, doesn't matter to me whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:

Would you cover up the name?

Good question, especially considering the fact that I admit to having done this when I performed on a Technics KN5000 keyboard a few years back. Actually, it was the club I worked for that requested I honor their request, as the club's owner felt the Technics name wasn't as widely respected as a professional keyboard like Roland and Yamaha were, and that somehow the Technics name might detract from his restaurant's prestige. I personally have no problems with manufacters (whether Roland, Ketron, GEM, Korg, Yamaha, Techincs, or Casio) displaying their name & logo on the back of my keyboards (facing directly to the audience), as long as its dislay size is kept within tasteful (relatively discrete) limits, and not merely emblazened across the back of the keyboard in GIANT letters simply to tactlessly promote their product name as a form of FREE advertising.

Scott

#204212 - 09/06/06 05:48 PM Re: What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
Dnj Offline

#204213 - 09/06/06 05:55 PM Re: What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
Quote:
Originally posted by casiobot:
What is really needed is a "tempo tracker" function.All you do is play something and the TT would give you the readout in bpm.
Much,MUCH faster!

Nice metaphor!!!! but who has the readout item you
say would be better than tap..I'll buy one..until then
having tap tempo beats no tap tempo by a goat's
foreskin!!

#204214 - 09/06/06 10:57 PM Re: What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Much,MUCH faster!

To do what you require, the computer would need to know the time signature and the notes played, (Half note, whole note etc) however in the future, it may be possible for the computer to read your mind to obtain this information, but we are not there yet. (Fortunately)
Tap Tempo is currently the most professional way to achieve the speed you require, and is the equivalent of 1….2….1.2.3.4 in, that professional musicians and bands use.
Enjoy whatever you play.

Bill

#204215 - 09/07/06 03:49 AM Re: What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Tap tempo,to put it charitably,*sucks*

I LOVE the tap tempo feature and use it ALL the time. I can't wait to set the tempo with a floor fool of dancers ... it needs to be right when it starts. It also allows me to set the tempo silently b4 I start the selection.

#204216 - 09/14/06 05:17 PM Re: What if Casio introduced THE revolutionary keyboard?
casiobot Offline

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online