SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#204021 - 09/28/00 09:57 PM 9000 Pro The first real pictures
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

The first real pictures of PSR 9000 Pro can be accessed from the Unofficial Yamaha PSR 740 Home Page at http://home7.inet.tele.dk/js/musik/740pages
Link under heading "News" at the start page.

Jørgen

#204022 - 09/28/00 10:24 PM Re: 9000 Pro The first real pictures
Dnj Offline

thanx very nice!
How much?

#204023 - 09/28/00 11:34 PM Re: 9000 Pro The first real pictures
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Jørgen,

The pics of the Yamaha PSR9000-Pro you have provided have got me really salivating. What a beautiful looking instrument.This may be the "perfect" arranger keyboard (no internal speakers, right?)instrument for us gigging musicians. In addition, I just discovered that the PSR9000's chord recognition capabilities (a very important feature to me) surpasses the other arranger keyboard brands.

Does anyone know the weight & other specifications of the PSR9000-Pro? I'm sure without the speakers it must be somewhat lighter than PSR9000 which weighs in at (50 lbs?). What other features does the PSR9000-Pro have that differentiate it from the PSR9000?

What is the estimated street price and when is it expected to arrive in the USA?

Thanks for sharing the pics Jørgen.

- Scott

California (San Francisco Bay Area), USA

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 09-28-2000).]

#204024 - 09/29/00 01:02 AM Re: 9000 Pro The first real pictures
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It has been my experience that every time Yamaha has a new keyboard coming out. They start showing it and hyping it from 6 to 12 months before it reaches the market, particularly here in the U.S.
I hope this is the exception, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
I don't care what the new features are--just tell me how much the d**n thing weighs!
Don

#204025 - 09/29/00 04:35 AM Re: 9000 Pro The first real pictures
Clif Anderson Offline

Scott: the most you can hope for is that it does not weigh much more than the non-Pro. True it does not have the speakers, but add 15 keys. This is not a svelte keyboard. My guess it that the Pro and non-pro are within 5lbs of each other. Estimates for the street price are about 20% more than the non-Pro, maybe $2800.

Don: Right, don't hold your breath. I would assume the PRO will be introduced in the U.S. at NAMM in January, with deliveries somewhat later.

Jørgen: I do not read whatever language the info is in. It appears that the Pro will have an XLR mic input, is that right? Any other new information?

[This message has been edited by Clif Anderson (edited 09-29-2000).]

#204026 - 09/29/00 05:32 AM Re: 9000 Pro The first real pictures
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi Clif

The language is German, and the presentation was held in Linz in Austria.
I was not there. I live in Denmark and Austria is app. 1000 miles from here.

You are right about the XLR mic input.

There is no indication about weight.

Other specifications (in English): Go to my site at http://home7.inet.tele.dk/js/musik/740pages
and follow the second link under heading "News" at the start page.

Jørgen

#204027 - 09/29/00 06:57 AM Re: 9000 Pro The first real pictures
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
The pro uses the Yamaha EX5 76 note keyboard which should be liked by all. It includes expansion ports for Yamaha's plug in modules which will allow you to add more polyphony and piano's, DX 7 sounds, An (analog physical model sounds), VL (virtual Sax model sounds) and another XG sound plug in. Every board you add is like adding another sound module because you are adding new parts, new sounds, new effects and most importantly, more polyphony. I've been told by Yamaha to expect the list price to be around $4000.00.
George kaye
(Retired 2021)

#204028 - 09/29/00 07:21 AM Re: 9000 Pro The first real pictures
Clif Anderson Offline

Hi Jørgen
I thought it was German, but for some reason Alta Vista did not translate. I remembered you were from Denmark, so I thought it might be Danish too. On the weight, as George reminds me, the PSR9000Pro is based on the Yamaha EX5 which weights 44 pounds.

Scott may have missed some of the specs I presented in my post to him in another thread. The Pro has 50% more sample ROM, much of which is dedicated to a new grand piano, I believe. George mentioned the plug-in cards. They do provide extra polyphony, but this is almost negligible (1 voice with VL, 5 with AN, where the Pro starts with 128). (These are the main cards people will want.), I am hoping that if you add a vocal harmony board, it can be used to process home grown vocal samples ala Variphrase. The Pro has sockets for two "swan neck" or goose-neck lamps! Someone once mentioned something about enhanced style capacity or improved styles, but I have not seen any confirmation of that.

Afterthought: Currently, the added polyphony does not seem very valuable. Of course, it may become more valuable as Yamaha comes up with more advanced plug-in cards.

[This message has been edited by Clif Anderson (edited 09-29-2000).]

#204029 - 09/29/00 11:56 AM Re: 9000 Pro The first real pictures
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
is on board a style converter?(this is important!)

------------------
vic who wishes that korg TRITON would have more functions and the Roland E-500OR would be more improved!

#204030 - 09/30/00 03:34 AM Re: 9000 Pro The first real pictures
Clif Anderson Offline

Here is the Alta Vista translation for part of Jørgen's link. It seems a different standard is being used to count ROM, since my numbers were 48MB and 32MB. Note that two rows of buttons on the upper right hand side of the keyboard have been added to accommodate the plug-ins. So far it seems the earlier picture was pretty accurate except for the arrangement of the keys.

76 keys with more easily weighting

45 MB memory (instead of 30 MB with the PSR 9000) are available for the internal sounds (super piano sound!)

Yamaha Plug in boards (as with the MU128 sound module) can be integrated, operation been made by two new key rows on the right page of the device

Microphone link in XLR building method

Links for two goose neck lamps on the right of and left of the display

flatter building method because this professional model inserted boxes does not possess!

new colour of the housing in noble metal look

Pitchbend and modulation wheel are arranged diagonally transferred at the left side, for better handling.

u.v.m

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online