SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#203862 - 11/25/02 02:13 PM Re: Tyros piano shootout - Genesys added.....
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy:

I am saying this cause I wasn't setisfied with the result of the Piano,It sounds much better than what you've heard, so I want to try and give you a more realistic copy of what it really sounds like.
So any help will be apreciated.

Tony.

Tony,

CoolEditPro is an excellent audio recorder.
So in my opinion you don't need anything extra.

As an example I just sended Simon the K2600 files so as soon as he put's in online you can cheque for yourselve as these were recorded in fact with cooleditpro.

Some things to watch when you are recording audio;
1. cheque input volume while recording.
You can do this in cooledit by clicking on options and mark monitor record level.
I suggest an input level for piano to a maximum of -3db
Make sure your sampling is set on 16bits 44Khz.
When you start recording you get a popup where you can select this!
If you think after recording that the volume is still not enough, go to transform -> amplitude -> amplify
2. I don't know which soundcard you are using but in case it's a noisy card, denoise the wave file.
You do this by selecting a silence part (begin) then click on transform -> noisereduction -> again noisereduction ->
get profile from selection -> after getting the profile -> click CLOSE (not cancel) ->
select total wave file -> click transform ->
-> noise reduction -> again noise reduction -> click OK.
3. once finished cut out the silence parts at the start and at the end
You do this by selecting the silence part then go to edit and just cut.

take care,
Fred

#203863 - 11/25/02 02:18 PM Re: Tyros piano shootout - Genesys added.....
Luis.Santos Offline

Loc: Portugal
Quote:
Originally posted by svpworld:
If someone can post me the mp3's of K2600, Korg SD1, KN7000 then I will be happy to put them up on the comparison table. You will need to download the midifiles from the page and record mp3 files from them, then email them to me. Unfortunately I dont own all those keyboards so I have to rely on the good work and assistance of all my friends!

Regards
Simon

Can any user of the SD1 please help adding a SD1 mp3 for comparision?
It's not Korg SD1, it's KETRON SD1.
I'm a SD1 user but I haven't the possibility of recording to the computer at the moment.

#203864 - 11/25/02 02:26 PM Re: Tyros piano shootout - Genesys added.....
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
I'll see what I can do with my SD1.

#203865 - 11/25/02 03:42 PM Re: Tyros piano shootout - Genesys added.....
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
Quote:
Originally posted by msutliff:
Hello Ziggy,

Just out of curiosity, how did you record those 3 midi files on the Genesys?

mike

Mike can you please ask again what exactly you want to know? How I recorded from my keyboard to the Pc?? if so I have a Creative live II sound card on my PC and I just connected from Audio out of my keybaord to Line in 2 of my sound card and I used cakewalk as the Audio recorder, then I used Music Match to convert to MP3 but I'm afraid I don't remember exactly the bite rate I used.

But I wasn't pleased with the result at all cause It seems that the hiss level is way too high, and the piano sounded very flat, unacceptable for me.

Tony.

#203866 - 11/25/02 03:47 PM Re: Tyros piano shootout - Genesys added.....
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
Thank you so much guys you have been more than helpful and wedneday I am going to try all the options you gave me to get the best result I can. so now I know that I have vthe right tools to work with all I need is a bit of knowhow, I really like the concepth of listining to other keyboards personal demos, not to see which is best or not best, but to learn about other keyboards so it will give us a wide spectrum of all the best keyboards there is around, perhaps it will help us to make a better choice in the next keyboard we buy.

So once again thx all of you for your suggestions and please lets start putting matirial so we can listen to one anothers keyboards.

Cheers

Tony.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online