SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#203717 - 09/17/06 05:38 PM Re: Exquisite Concert Stage Piano Voice for Korg Pa1X and Tyros2
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
the sampler seems more of a marketing tool than an actually useful feature.......

If it's merely a Yamaha marketing tool, their marketing stategy must have worked on me. Perhaps I'm merely naive, but I love what the Tyros2 sampler has given me. Many brand new impressive WAV sample sounds. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 09-17-2006).]

#203718 - 09/17/06 07:15 PM Re: Exquisite Concert Stage Piano Voice for Korg Pa1X and Tyros2
Tapas Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Hi James,

Wow! What a wonderful glorious multi-sample. This is some serious sampling project you have engineered keeping within this 32MB sample size limit. I thought your version had the most rich, full-bodied, energetic presentation with the extra brilliance and natural reverb of a large concert hall. No extra polishing or additional effects required. You have captured the entire spectrum within this program.

This will be absolutely just perfect to place within a mix with other accompaniment playing along. Absent the extra brilliance, I found a true acoustic piano often gets drowned when backing tracks are pumped up.

Yes, the stereo image is not as stable as the Roland RD700SX version in the hard attacks, but I am not complaining. You have exceeded my expectations. I would like to buy this whenever you have the Tyros2 version ready.

Thanks for posting that MP3 demo. You made my day!!!

Tapas

#203719 - 09/18/06 07:18 AM Re: Exquisite Concert Stage Piano Voice for Korg Pa1X and Tyros2
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
I agree with most of what what Diki says above, he is obviously an experienced user of samplers and samples.

However, I am not. I don't need the learning curve that probably goes with them - I just want to switch on and play my arranger.

I've had seperate modules for additional sounds in the past and it's both a hassle to set up and control in a live environment.

No, the most important thing that is wrong with the Tyros2 for me is the lack of Yamaha or third party sample sets to load in and use. For this reason I encourage James and anyone else to keep up with the good work.

The existing T2 concert piano is okay especially in a mix but a little bright for solo or trio stuff so I just welcome an alternative sound that is a little "boxier" or "wooden. I used to have a Roland module with the SRX piano card in it and that was 64 Mb and sounded great (to me anyway)

I just haven't got time to fiddle about with samples just point me and my cheque book at the nearest developer of these please.

Regards - Keith

#203720 - 09/18/06 06:03 PM Re: Exquisite Concert Stage Piano Voice for Korg Pa1X and Tyros2
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Keith..... this is exactly the reason you should try to get Yamaha to develop Akai support, You would immediately have access to dozens of well done, professional sample sets of pianos, not to mention just about everything from accordions to zithers.....

Plus, because Akai samplers pre-dated cheap RAM and Giga-sized sample sets, most of them work with 32MB or under, 64MB at most. Since the start of computer based, HD streaming monster sound sets, very little work is being done to make sample sets small enough for hardware samplers, so, basically, the Akai library is just about it. There are some good Roland sets, and some very nice Kurzweil ones, but 95% of the sample libraries are in Akai format., and without this format, any sampler is crippled.

I do not ever want to develop my own sampled piano, it is a Herculean task! I just want to be able to pick and choose from the majority of available ones.....

#203721 - 09/18/06 11:30 PM Re: Exquisite Concert Stage Piano Voice for Korg Pa1X and Tyros2
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
James,
the link for your .mp3 file does not work any more.

Heard it at work and it is very very good sounding, tried to download it at home to get a good listen through headphones and compare it to hypersonic2 pianos (~40-60MB as far as i can remember) and it wouldn't download.

#203722 - 09/18/06 11:34 PM Re: Exquisite Concert Stage Piano Voice for Korg Pa1X and Tyros2
chony Offline

Loc: New York
It sounds great in stereo; but like a horrible EP, in mono.

#203723 - 09/19/06 11:25 AM Re: Exquisite Concert Stage Piano Voice for Korg Pa1X and Tyros2
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
James,
the link for your .mp3 file does not work any more.

Heard it at work and it is very very good sounding, tried to download it at home to get a good listen through headphones and compare it to hypersonic2 pianos (~40-60MB as far as i can remember) and it wouldn't download.

Sorry about that. The demo is still there, it's just been renamed as it's now in use. I've launched the KORG Edition.
http://www.irishacts.com

Kind Regards.
James.

#203724 - 09/19/06 11:40 AM Re: Exquisite Concert Stage Piano Voice for Korg Pa1X and Tyros2
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
It sounds great in stereo; but like a horrible EP, in mono.

Hello.

Yes, I am well aware of the needs of Mono users when it comes to Piano sounds, and how stereo sampled piano sounds change when played in mono.

I actually did design some mono sounds, and included them in Piano Evolution. When it comes to the Tyros, I’ll also do the same.

Kind Regards.
James.

#203725 - 09/19/06 08:27 PM Re: Exquisite Concert Stage Piano Voice for Korg Pa1X and Tyros2
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
WOWIE!!! that purgatorycreek site is a trip!!
Well, I didn't listen to every last one, but hit on a ton
of 'em..this is what I hear: IMHO:

HANDS DOWN: absolutely nothing sounds anywhere as
good as that AcustiX Boesendorfer. Not even close.

among the rest, so much depends on the player and way they were recorded..some pianists here are real butchers, others play in a way that's exquisite and brings out the best in the sound..

but I'd have to say that I liked a lot: the Kawai mellow piano, the Kurzweil warm piano, one of the Gems,
both of the Nords, a couple of the Rolands, several more. Was disappointed with the Korgs and Yamahas.

------------------
Miami Mo

#203726 - 09/20/06 12:27 AM Re: Exquisite Concert Stage Piano Voice for Korg Pa1X and Tyros2
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hello.

Yes, I am well aware of the needs of Mono users when it comes to Piano sounds, and how stereo sampled piano sounds change when played in mono.

I actually did design some mono sounds, and included them in Piano Evolution. When it comes to the Tyros, I’ll also do the same.

Kind Regards.
James.

Sorry James -

I didn't know you made the sample - I didn't read the thread properly and thought it was being released by Yamaha themselves - in which case I would hope for the highest standard!

Thanks for doing this and thanks for sharing! I have some experience with sampling and I know it is a tedious and complicated process in any format!

Chony

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online