SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#20338 - 01/03/99 01:04 PM Problem with my SCSI port
Silence Offline

Loc: New Port Richey, FL, USA
I have an 'Iomega Zip Drive' that I would like to use for my K2000S, but each time I connect the zip drive to the SCSI port the power won't turn on. when I hit the power on button the screen turns on but only very dim and the speakers make a soft buzzing noise. when I just connect the Zip drive cord to the k2000 and not the zip drive itself it works fine. even if I connect the zip drive to it with out the power supply going to the zip drive the power still doesn't work right for the k2000. I have done every thing the manual said I should do before connecting a SCSI device; I have the right cord and everything. I basicly don't know what else to do. if anyone could help me out with this it would be greatly greatly appreciated. Thank you.

#20339 - 01/07/99 12:22 AM Re: Problem with my SCSI port
Jeff Costick Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
if your shure that you are using a SCSI Zip drive and its still not working ,you had better contact a tech. also you should know that a zip drive will go to sleep after it has been idle for about 10 min. or so. this will lock up a 2000 unless you eject the zip disk before you go back into disk mode. I believe this has been fixed in the k2500.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online