SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#202708 - 08/29/07 09:39 PM Re: resale value on ketron very low
miden Offline

Loc: The World
with all due respect dreamer and mdorantes, your posts were quite irrelevant...sounds like you are both in europe and if i was i europe i would have sold this in about 2 days..and as to selling it before a new model, well, duh!!! its a bit sad when even the dealer wont do a trade back..i was even prepared to do a straight swap, the sd1+ for a midjay, but they weren't even interested in that....btw donny that offer of 1100 came out of ebay..i had listed it previously 3 times with not even a "looker" so i tried it with a starting price of $1, and thats as high as it got....nope, it really looks like i am stuck with it...as i said before my only hope is that ketron can say yes to being able to put in a heavier keybed,after all, fatar make a lot of them..
cheers
dennis
PS the roland g1000 is still a possibility, but i am not sure of how good the keybed is, and it is older technology....

#202709 - 08/29/07 10:00 PM Re: resale value on ketron very low
miden Offline

hey nigel, what you say is sound, but i have actually listed it in ebay 4 times over the past 6 weeks, as i said the last 3 did not even have people listed as "lookers" and only about 18 visits for each listing...this last one i tried the trick of listing for a $1 and , well you knoe the result...with the trad to the dealer i even offered $200 in cash, also the midjay i wanted had to have the harmoniser as well which bumped the price up by about $350....the only thing holdng me back from buying the g1000 is it has no harmoniser,plus i dont want to have to lug two full size boards to gigs....man talk about a mistake...in reality its a case of i will just have to force myself to like playing the sd1 (not the sounds the action)..
anyway sh*t hapens i s'pose
cheers,
dennis

#202710 - 08/30/07 01:34 AM Re: resale value on ketron very low
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Miden,

Manuel Dorantes lives in Arizona...

Speaking of your problem, I REALLY think that you should sit down and let the present feeling of frustration fade away.
The SD1 is still an excellent arranger and if you take the time to accustom with it you will be rewarded by what you will receive in return.
Thinking of replacing the keybed is just plain unfeasible; besides, it would cost you much more money and the results are simply non-predictable.
I understand how you feel now but, having owned an SD1 in the past, I can tell you that you own an excellent keyboard (just ask Donny for a confirmation...)
Thinking of swapping the SD1 for a Midjay, with all the due respect for a Midjay, goes to prove that right now you are in an altered state of mind, which leads you to perceive things in a rather distorted way.
(No offense implied, just a plain constatation... )
So my advice is: sit down, try to calm, play your SD1 more and then make up your mind.

#202711 - 08/30/07 05:45 AM Re: resale value on ketron very low
Dnj Offline

listen to Dreamer.....keep the Sd1+

if you want a different keybed......just get a nice controller that suits you key feel needs and midi it up to the SD1+.....if you think your not happy now.....wait till you make the big mistake and sell one of the greatest arranger keyboards on the market with sounds & features second to none.

#202712 - 08/30/07 05:57 AM Re: resale value on ketron very low
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Sadly, Ketron products are a little known brand in most of North America...I know it is that way in Canada.

It's tough to sell an unknown, no matter how good it is.

Ian

#202713 - 08/30/07 12:08 PM Re: resale value on ketron very low
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Probably the best way to sell it, if you are gigging quite a bit, would be to knuckle down, get the best sound you can possibly get from it, wow the crowd, and then, if ANYONE comes up and asks you what that great keyboard is, offer to sell it to them..!!

Giving a good demo is ALWAYS the best way to lubricate a sale...

#202714 - 08/30/07 12:15 PM Re: resale value on ketron very low
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I sell all mine to Tom Cavanaugh.
DonM

#202715 - 08/30/07 12:51 PM Re: resale value on ketron very low
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I sell all mine to Tom Cavanaugh.
DonM

That's because Tommy knows a Great KB when he plays one

#202716 - 08/30/07 01:34 PM Re: resale value on ketron very low
miden Offline

yes perhaps you are all correct, but tryig to play solo piano in a bar on the sd1+ keyboard is just not cool...i bought this from the dealer (as i said 8 hours away) bceause he said the keybed was the equal of roland and korg, and was the best that ketron had put on their units...well if thats the case i would hate to play one of their earlier keyboards, and it is NOT even similar to theroland or korg actions..60% of what i do is midi files + live keyboard/keyboard-guitar, or keyboard and bass so feel is critical...the sd1 is okay for playing purely arranger stuff where perhaps feel i less important, hell, even i have fun playing it it arranger mode!!!
yes mdorantes it seems you understand it wasn't a personal attack on you, and it was not intended that way, so apologies if it came across that way
cheers
dennis

#202717 - 08/30/07 02:10 PM Re: resale value on ketron very low
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Just a quick question...

If the keyfeel was so important to you, why did you not return it the minute you played it? There's got to be SOME reason you held on to it for 9 weeks...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online