SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#202662 - 06/30/05 09:26 AM Using a Signal Processor with your Keyboard
TresorTX Offline

Loc: Dallas, Boston, Orlando
Do any of you run the output of your keyboard through a Digital Signal Processor?

If so, what are your results? Anyone have suggestions on some DSP brands and/or what to look for in a DSP?

Thx, Russ

PSR S900
Korg PA1XPRO
Kurzweil PC3X
Logitech Z

#202663 - 06/30/05 12:10 PM Re: Using a Signal Processor with your Keyboard
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Russ
I would check out the BBE Sonic Maximizer. It comes in several models.I have the cheap one($99),and I wouldn't be without it until I got my Bose PAS.It makes the sound come alive.
Bernie

#202664 - 06/30/05 04:04 PM Re: Using a Signal Processor with your Keyboard
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I also recomend the BBE, but from the 482 and up, I use the BBE 482, here the specs:

882i features dual-mono operation with balanced XLR inputs and outputs. It is designed for applications requiring low noise, high headroom and +4dBu input levels.

The 482i is perfect for semi-pro applications not requiring balanced jacks. With true dual-mono operation, the 482 is two independent BBE SONIC MAXIMIZER™ signal processors in one chassis.

The 362 series delivers the sound-improving benefits of BBE sound processing technology with the convenience of ganged-stereo operation.

The 362NR combines our full-featured BBE SONIC MAXIMIZER™ signal processor with an independent, single-ended noise reduction system in a single rack-space unit.

The 362SW combines a full-featured BBE SONIC MAXIMIZER™ signal processor with an independent subwoofer control with a variable low-pass filter and output level control.

The 882 unit features dual-mono operation with balanced XLR inputs and outputs. It is designed for applications requiring low noise, high headroom and +4dBu input levels.

The 482 is perfect for semi-pro applications not requiring balanced jacks. With true dual-mono operation, the 482 is two independent BBE SONIC MAXIMIZER™ signal processors in one chassis.

------------------
mdorantes

#202665 - 06/30/05 07:08 PM Re: Using a Signal Processor with your Keyboard
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mdorantes:
The 482 is perfect for semi-pro applications not requiring balanced jacks. With true dual-mono operation, the 482 is two independent BBE SONIC MAXIMIZER™ signal processors in one chassis.

How 'bout for vocals?

Glenn

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online