SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#202529 - 02/25/02 08:01 AM Re: PSR2000 user style changes
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Uncle Dave:

So - you go into the "J" button to access the different Reg "folders?" and pick one - then you can select from the 8 reg buttons on the front panel.....- I only use one anyway ... at least until more features can be remembered in them.

Uncle Dave...
If you are not saving Registrations that you use all the time to FLOPPY so that you can call them up in a nano-second, you are missing out on the #1 benefit of the PSR2K.

Unless I am totally misreading you, it sounds like you are only saving in the USER portion of the registration memory...and that is very limited compared to what you can save on a floppy.

Before I go on any further..do I have this right---you are not saving to floppy?

Eddie

#202530 - 02/25/02 02:21 PM Re: PSR2000 user style changes
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Eddie,
Yes, that's true - I don't use floppies. At least, I haven't yet. I keep a few song files handy for things that I don't play much, or break music.
I can't imagine that the floppy is faster than the user section?

#202531 - 02/25/02 03:24 PM Re: PSR2000 user style changes
Joe Waters Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA USA
When you press "J" from the Main menu, you are taken to the first "Page" of Registration entries. This, like any other page, has 10 slots that can hold a registration file, OR a folder. To create a "folder," press NEW (#7) to create a folder on this page. If you have set your registration buttons (#1-#8), you can press SAVE (#6) to save that registration setup and give it a unique name. If you don't use many different registration setups, you won't need a folder on this page. When you turn on the 2000 the next time, the 8 registrations are all empty, but if you press "J", you will see the file you saved from the previous time, and you can then load it. You might "save" the original empty registrations with a name such as "BLANK" so that you can always clear out the current registration setup by loading the BLANK registration setup. You can also "Edit" a registration file by pressing the upper part of the #8 button. This will show you each of the 8 registration setups. From here you can give each of these a unique "name" or you "delete" one of the setups. From this view, pressing a corresponding letter key (A-D or F-I) produces the same result as pressing that registration button (1-4 and 5-8).

[This message has been edited by Joe Waters (edited 02-25-2002).]

#202532 - 02/25/02 09:47 PM Re: PSR2000 user style changes
Uncle Dave Offline

Soooooo, I was right. Right?
The "J" button calls up FOLDERS of registrations. Am I missing something here?
Scott - what's all this about ROOTless directories?
(sorry ....couldn't resist !)

#202533 - 02/25/02 10:31 PM Re: PSR2000 user style changes
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Soooooo, I was right. Right?
The "J" button calls up FOLDERS of registrations.

Not necessarily. The "J" button calls up the Registration Memory storage area which consists of 10 slots. These 10 slots (in the upper most directory) can be filled with the actual Registration Bank files themselves 'and/or' Folders.

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Are you SURE about the registrations Scott? So far, every time I forgot to put them in a folder - they were lost on power down. I think they NEED to be in a folder. The songs and styles however, do not.

I still assert that Folder creation is an 'option' and NOT mandatory. You can save a style, song, or registration directly into the top root directory (one of 10 slots) 'without' having to create a folder. On my PSR2000, the 'registration file' storage system works exactly the same as the songs and styles.

Uncle Dave: If your KB is actually not able to store Registration Memory files directly in the top directory (without having to create a folder), then there is definitely something WRONG with your board and you may need to contact Yamaha to 'root out' the problem. I'm rooting for U.

- Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 02-25-2002).]

#202534 - 02/26/02 04:30 AM Re: PSR2000 user style changes
Uncle Dave Offline

heh, heh (joke received)
I don't recall what they look like, but aren't the 10 directory locations marked with a folder as soon as you save a group of 10 registrations? This is such a small point, and I hate to beat a dead horse (now, a CAT - maybe !!)but I thought the icon came up as a folder - I'll have to take another look. Please don't waste anymore time on this issue - it's not important, to me anyway. Carry on, sailors !

#202535 - 02/26/02 02:26 PM Re: PSR2000 user style changes
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Hi Uncle Dave,
You do know that Scott's right about the reg. memory. The first layer is the bank layer! But you can save single registrations on this level. I have even pushed the wrong buttons by mistake and saved them there!
The only time you get a folder is when you push the proper buttons and call up one. I have have never had to use one so far. Maybe later.
Once you have your first BANK 1 full 8 reg.,
create BANK 2 and fill ! continue ect.-----
BANK 3 --------- thru BANK 9 for BANK 10 you must change something or it will end up being placed below BANK 1!
Now I just use a dash BANK-10. End of Page 1
When you start BANK-11 it will be the starting of of Page 2!
When you use folders they're the 3rd layer and take much longer to get to when you need them quick! You have to find your BANK then your folder, then your reg. To many buttons
to fool with when your playing to a live audience! I believe I'm right on this, but I've been known to be wrong!
All the Best,
Nobby

------------------

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 02-26-2002).]

#202536 - 02/27/02 11:17 AM Re: PSR2000 user style changes
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
"Oh", I forgot I transfer most to my to floppies, or record them direct!
One floppy I have over 200 song setups ready to go in about 10 sec. I have a voice programed with each setup. But most of the
time I just select one. I only have about a half dozen voices that I use on a regular bases anyway! G Piano, 2 or 3 Gtr's, Fiddle,Trumpet,Tener Sax & Modern Harp,I really have had fun with this voice playing single note or two note harmony and using the pitch bend!)It is great with blugrass! Well my wife just came home and brought my lunch so I've gotta go!
Talk later,
Nobby

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 02-27-2002).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online