SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#202504 - 02/01/05 08:57 PM PA System
harosha Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
I am trying to find a PA system for occasional gigs. I am really interested in Bose PAS but the price is keeping me from buying one right now. My budget is around $1200. I would like big sound, lots of low end (so a sub is a must), I really don't want an external mixer so I would like something with multiple inputs. My setup will be one keyboard, one mic for vocals and one guitar input.

After looking around, I have my eyes set on two Roland KC350s and a KCW1 sub. What do you guys think about this? The weight is not really an issue because I don't do that many gigs, it will be mostly used for jamming in my basement more than anything.

Thanks!!

#202505 - 02/02/05 05:08 AM Re: PA System
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
That sounds like a versitile, affordable system than can be broken up and resold when you are ready to go Bose. You'll love the efficiency of that woofer ...... best in it's class.
Good luck.

#202506 - 02/02/05 05:57 AM Re: PA System
Dnj Offline

I have been using two Mackie 350's and the Roland KCW1 Sub on stage ...all I can say is its Stereo, Lightweigh to transport and the sound? ......simply AWESOME!!

check it out

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-02-2005).]

#202507 - 02/02/05 06:14 AM Re: PA System
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I think Donny has the answer

#202508 - 02/02/05 01:02 PM Re: PA System
BlkNotes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by harosha:
I am trying to find a PA system for occasional gigs. I am really interested in Bose PAS but the price is keeping me from buying one right now. My budget is around $1200. I would like big sound, lots of low end (so a sub is a must), I really don't want an external mixer so I would like something with multiple inputs. My setup will be one keyboard, one mic for vocals and one guitar input.

After looking around, I have my eyes set on two Roland KC350s and a KCW1 sub. What do you guys think about this? The weight is not really an issue because I don't do that many gigs, it will be mostly used for jamming in my basement more than anything.

Thanks!!

Dear DNJ;

Would you be able to expound upon why the Mackie SRM 350s + KCW1s are awesome? i.e what about them excel? How is the imagining, projection, transparency, natural presentation etc... Wondering why you went with the above combo vs. the larger Mackie SRM450s

Do you use the combo just for keyboards? If you sing, describe the vocal presentation

What other combos did you try before you settled on the Mackie/Roland pair?

#202509 - 02/02/05 01:55 PM Re: PA System
harosha Offline

UD, how would you compare the Roland KC combo with Bose PAS? (One tower and one sub)

Isn't recommended position for a PAS system behind the performer? Have you run into any issues with feedback from mic? I see that PAS has four inputs so, it would be a perfect light weight solution. If it is really that much better then I may just wait a few more months and buy the PAS.

I also like the idea of the Mackie and Roland combo that Dnj mentioned, I'll look into that as well.

Thanks

#202510 - 02/02/05 03:32 PM Re: PA System
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BlkNotes:

Dear DNJ;

Would you be able to expound upon why the Mackie SRM 350s + KCW1s are awesome? i.e what about them excel? How is the imagining, projection, transparency, natural presentation etc... Wondering why you went with the above combo vs. the larger Mackie SRM450s

Do you use the combo just for keyboards? If you sing, describe the vocal presentation

What other combos did you try before you settled on the Mackie/Roland pair?

Previously I was using the Mackie 450's [old versions] which kept overheating and shutting off on stage due to the thermo heat cutoffs,the 350 has a NEW heat exchnage system that is purly wonderfull & well thouht out to eliminate that problem]....Then I tried the Barbetta Sona 32c's and had a very nice run with those, I was happy with the sound, but I wanted more overall robust sound and bottom end too, and formost Veratility for all the different jobs and venues I perform at.
I discussed this Uncle Dave and after analizing the situation and my setup and my needs Dave came up with a perfect combination for my style and venues.....The 350's & roland Sub lets me have a great Big sound on the bigger jobs, just two 350 speakers alone for the mid size gigs, and for smaller intimate gigs I use one 350.....this veratlity if perfect for me...My vocals ae my main draw and this combo sounds excellent crisp highs [horn gives a nice wide dispersment] and tight bottom with the Sub.....the 350's are no slouches alone either but vs the 450's... its mainly the weight and size for me.
I have performed with Uncle Dave's Bose Pas system also with amazing results that have to be heard too believe. But again you have to buy whats right for YOUR needs.....

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-02-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-03-2005).]

#202511 - 02/02/05 06:40 PM Re: PA System
harosha Offline

I was just browsing the PA systems and came across these new products by Yamaha, the specs look really good!!
http://www.8thstreet.com/Product.asp?ProductCode=30527&Category=Speakers http://www.8thstreet.com/Product.asp?ProductCode=30528&Category=Speakers http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/ModelSeriesDetailPF/0,6603,CNTID%253D36725%2526CTID%253D229300,00.html#

[This message has been edited by harosha (edited 02-02-2005).]

#202512 - 02/02/05 07:03 PM Re: PA System
MrEd Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by harosha:
UD, how would you compare the Roland KC combo with Bose PAS? (One tower and one sub)

Isn't recommended position for a PAS system behind the performer? Have you run into any issues with feedback from mic? I see that PAS has four inputs so, it would be a perfect light weight solution. If it is really that much better then I may just wait a few more months and buy the PAS.

I also like the idea of the Mackie and Roland combo that Dnj mentioned, I'll look into that as well.

Thanks

Harosha,
-->IF<--
your heart/ears are really set on the Bose, Guitar Center has the L1 Cylindrical and B1 subwoofer available at a package price of $1999.99.

You mentioned a budget of $1200.
Maybe go on the easy payment plan for the $800 balance (if your budget allows and you want it NOW).

#202513 - 02/02/05 08:48 PM Re: PA System
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
That sounds like a versitile, affordable system than can be broken up and resold when you are ready to go Bose. You'll love the efficiency of that woofer ...... best in it's class.
Good luck.

Does the L1 Bose Sub only works with Bose?? or it can be use with any other system??

Thanks.

------------------
ViLo
HE'S COMING, MAKE MUSIC, GET READY! smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online