SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#20227 - 02/21/00 10:40 PM Setting up cutoff & reso probs (k2500)HELP PLEASE!!
xenophobe Offline

Loc: Omaha ne usa
Ok, The manual isn't helping me much. I'm assuming I set it up in LFO1 or LFO2, but I can't seem to make a difference. I want to set up one slider for cutoff, and one for resonance, but I can't get what I want from the manuals. HELP PLEASE!!!!

#20228 - 02/22/00 02:51 AM Re: Setting up cutoff & reso probs (k2500)HELP PLEASE!!
buinu Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA USA
Hey xenophobe,
I'll try not to add to your confusion.
First you need to see what control number has been assigned to your sliders.
Go into the "midi" setup pages (top right hand button on the left side, next to "programs").
Hit edit and "more" until you come to the slider parameters ("slider" or "slid/2"). Choose either slider page to view the current assignments. Once you have that information you can exit and return to programs.

I am assuming you already have a program that uses the proper algorithm so I'll go right into the filter section. Once you are in program edit mode, "more" over to "F1 FREQ".
On the right side of the screen you will see two sources for modulation (Src1 and Src2), all you need to do is assign one of your sliders to one of the sources and set the depth.

Here's a brief example:
For now set Src2 to 0 (off) and set the filters' coarse frequency (top left) to zero (C 0 16Hz).
At Src1, assign slider X (or whatever function that is assigned to that slider in the midi setup page) and set the depth to 10800ct.
Set F2 RES to 10.0db or higher.
You should now be able to hear the difference as you use Slider X to open and close the filter. You can adjust the frequency and res to your liking and by lowering the Depth of Src1 you can choose how much control slider X has. If that example doesn't work let me know, there may be some conflicting controls assigned somewhere down the line.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online