SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#201851 - 01/10/02 10:25 AM Re: Why is Yamaha DX7 still so SPECIAL ?
Clif Anderson Offline

Thanks everyone for straightening me out. I lent my DX7 to my sister many years ago and have little inclination to reclaim it. I never grew fond of FM synthesis, although I think FM sounds can be layered effectively with.

#201852 - 01/10/02 10:46 AM Re: Why is Yamaha DX7 still so SPECIAL ?
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
Hi Dreamer,
The 'Pasadoble' handle goes back a couple of years ago when I first went on the net and I wanted a music based email address, well I entered all sorts of names on Yahoo.com and everything I tried was already taken so in my frustration I put in 'Pasa Doble' but Yahoo did'nt like the gap so I joined it together and it stuck, hope thats put your mind at rest, wouldn't want you losing any sleep over it
Incidentally, I hated the sound of the original DX7 when it came out but the sound did grow on me and I ended up getting one in 1987 and had it for a few years. In 1989
my on-stage keyboard rig comprised of an Ensoniq ESQ 1....a Korg DW8000 and the DX7, unfortunately my DX7 fell backwards off the top of my 1980's A-frame type keyboard stand when the holding lugs gave way, much to the amusement of about 400 people watching my performance, well the DX7 landed on its back edge totally wrecking the audio/midi/power output cicuit boards, I must admit I had tears in my eyes that night, dont know whether it was through embarrassment or losing my my cherished DX7
Pasa

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online