SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#201615 - 09/26/06 08:40 PM PA Gear
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Got a new PA system coming in this week.. After CD #4 my goal was to play out a bit... Got a powered mixer.. http://www.zzounds.com/item--YAMEMX312SC
Speakers... http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHE1520
Got these cause they handle the bass better without the sub...
Got some stands...
Anyone ever use any of this...
If not I'll tell you how it works out..

D-

#201616 - 09/26/06 10:37 PM Re: PA Gear
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
We've got one of those Yamaha boards. Very cool. I think you'll like that mixer. Haven't had it very long and don't use it that often so I can't comment on the ruggedness or road-worthiness. It is a sweet mixer though.

I really wish Yamhah, or someone, would come out with a rack unit full of those 1-knob compressors. I definitely like advanced compressors for studio, but for live, this 1 knob business is just optimal for ease and convenience. Man, at 1 knob per compressor, how many compressors could you fit in 1 rack space? That'd be super cool for controlling kick and snare in a live drummer situation, as well as vocal mics. You can get way more apparent headroom out of your system if you just compress some stuff lightly to keep the clipping down.

#201617 - 09/27/06 03:18 AM Re: PA Gear
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I've got one of these... http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHPMX2000
which in my opinion is the steal of the decade. I use for my keyboard rig, band pa, rehearsal, it's been on 300+ gigs over 3 years and works like the day I got it. What is so great about this head is it's (3) Stereo inputs. (4) if you count the RCA jacks.

I use this with Peavey PR15's for larger gigs and DJ jobs, and PR10's for keyboard gigs.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#201618 - 09/27/06 04:04 AM Re: PA Gear
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
I have the earlier version of the PA head and I love it. I've been using it for over 5 years and I do close to 300 gigs per year. It sounds great and is incredibly reliable. I'm interested in the compression features of the new one. The speakers I use are JBL Eons with a 15. Great rig.

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala

#201619 - 09/28/06 07:24 AM Re: PA Gear
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi, I use the same Yamaha EMX 312s, and in speakers I used until yesterday the Yamaha SM12 V, they sound great, but at 42 lbs each, is not fun anymore, this week has been one of my busiest, 10 gigs in one week, so, I got the EV ZX1s(18 lb each), both do not make the weight of a single Yamaha, and the best part, I had to do next to nothing in adjusting EQ.
Yesterday, my first gig was with the Yamahas, the second one was with the EV and was GREAT, I have been using (for almost a year)with this set up a Roland KCW1 subwoofer, to my ears is the best combination sound wise, I know that it is more to carry, but the results speak and translate for more jobs to me.

#201620 - 09/29/06 09:29 PM Re: PA Gear
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Glad to hear you folks are having a cool time with the mixer... Got everything today and was going to hook it up, however, no mention of speakon only cables for the speakers when I made the order... Well, I've ordered them.. Kind of see this going as ... I've tested the speakers, returned them for Peavey pr15's
... We will see...

[This message has been edited by beachbum (edited 09-29-2006).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online