SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#201383 - 08/14/03 10:30 PM When the Lights went out in Georgia, eerrr, Jersey!
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Some of our Members in the Eastern part of the US will probably most likely not be able to post to the forum tonight if they wanted to because of the massive Blackout in the Northeastern and Eastern sections of the US. Most notably affected is New York and surrounding areas like New Jersey, also Cleveland OH, parts of Canada, and many other States. Hopefully the Grid will be up and running by tomorrow.

For all of those affected we wish you well and hope to hear from you soon. Donny, UD, AJ, and other SZ members out in the East are just a few that might be affected by the Blackout. Gary and even Joe Waters may affected too. Again, we wish you all well and hope to hear from you soon. Bummer that when the power goes out you can't play your Keyboards. Hopefully that situation is short lived.

Best regards,
Mike

#201384 - 08/15/03 04:37 AM Re: When the Lights went out in Georgia, eerrr, Jersey!
Dnj Offline

We're fine here in south jersey....
seems to be mostly in NYC and north.. makes for a Long Weekend for most.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-15-2003).]

#201385 - 08/15/03 06:04 AM Re: When the Lights went out in Georgia, eerrr, Jersey!
Pilot Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
The power came back on in our part of Ontario at around 5am. It was a hot dark night!

Bryan

#201386 - 08/15/03 08:32 AM Re: When the Lights went out in Georgia, eerrr, Jersey!
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Hope all our eastern seaboard friends are doing okay.
Out here in B.C. we have a different dilema....forest fires.

#201387 - 08/15/03 07:47 PM Re: When the Lights went out in Georgia, eerrr, Jersey!
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Has anyone had to gig with a generator? Bet that could be noisy.

#201388 - 08/15/03 08:12 PM Re: When the Lights went out in Georgia, eerrr, Jersey!
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
A few years ago I did a couple of seasons on a two-deck party boat that could accomodate over 200 passengers. They placed me in the salon on the first deck, right over the engine hatch. Talk about noisy. The generator did a pretty good job, but there were occasional dips where the lights dimmed. Fortunately no damage was done to my KB's, but I was told that these dips are murder on equipment.

The tour line left and has been replaced by another which has a much newer vessel and more modern system. I have only played it once, but it was no problem.
Eddie

#201389 - 08/16/03 12:12 AM Re: When the Lights went out in Georgia, eerrr, Jersey!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
A few years ago I played a party or two on a Touring riverboat on the Red River in Shreveport. The generator was a little noisy but no problems.
Back in college, I played a party at a lake once with generator. No problems, but a LOT of noise.
DonM

#201390 - 08/16/03 04:09 AM Re: When the Lights went out in Georgia, eerrr, Jersey!
Dnj Offline

Last year I played a Wedding on a River Boat...I was setup right in front of the Paddle Wheel..my ears are still ringing

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-16-2003).]

#201391 - 08/16/03 05:54 AM Re: When the Lights went out in Georgia, eerrr, Jersey!
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Just some advice.........If you ever do gig with a generator make sure you go thru some kind of line filter or computer UPS surge protector. Most generators, especially the cheaper ones produce noisier (dirtier) AC power than your electric company! It's OK power for appliances and lighting, but isn't kind to electronics!

#201392 - 08/16/03 08:03 AM Re: When the Lights went out in Georgia, eerrr, Jersey!
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA

"This rack delivers clean power for pro-grade equipment! It features a voltage display with line conditioner, 8 rear outlets with extra wide design for power adapters and front panel pull out lights with dimmer and separate switch."

$99.99 At www.music123.com

The direct link to it plus other Line Conditioners: http://www.music123.com/search/?src=Line+Conditioners&search_combo=es

Best regards,
Mike

PS: Thanks for the great advice Charley!

[This message has been edited by Idatrod (edited 08-16-2003).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online