SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#201324 - 12/12/05 07:11 PM Re: OT/ Just got a new FOSTEX MR8-B digital recorder
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Glad you got your screen res better Yeah I've got the guitar/vocal already down. Actually I did a lot on it tonight. I recorded my drum/bass machine, guitar, lead vocal, and two tracks of back up vocal. I even did a successful (bounce) of tracks 1-4 to 5/6 to finish off the back up vocals. Man it turned out really good. I love (bounce rehearsal mode). So nice to be able to mess with the levels, panning, effects send, ect before executing a bounce.

I'll probably tackle keyboard and mic tomorrow. I'm sure lovin this machine. I'll probably get the 256mb CF card though. I'm not really too worried about recording time at the moment on the supplied 128mb CF card. Most complaints I've read are from people who don't have a card reader for their computer to use as data back up. My computer has a 9 in 1 card reader built in. So my works just get transfered to the PC for storage (freeing up my card space).

Best Regards,
Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#201325 - 12/12/05 07:26 PM Re: OT/ Just got a new FOSTEX MR8-B digital recorder
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Please report back how you fare with setting the trim level for recording keys/vocal. I dunno if you are going through keyboard with vocal; I was. I had a heck of a time finding the right setting. I did a lot of songs, all with different styles, so, it was always changing. I never did exactly figure out the best way. I think I finally went out from back of the Yam psr2000... I can't remember the name of that... through the full out jacks, the ones that pipe it out at max by default, not the regular jacks.

I guess it would be better if I did the vocal direct to MR-8 but then I lose harmony.

Of course, I don't know what I'm doing, so, there.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online