SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#201212 - 03/27/05 02:33 AM First time gigging with Tyros!
Roel Offline

Last night the Tyros proved to be an excellent buddy on parties.
My 'good old' SD1 stayed home and I must admit I was kind of nervous : How will Tyros perfom ?

The sound image on stage (2 SRM450's and 1 sublow cabinet) is bright ánd punchy. Wietse (my singer) LOVES the briljant styles.

Using the Registration-memories makes is possible to switch in seconds or in zero(!) seconds. While playing just find the block you want and press the reg you want. The Tyros will change parameters and smoothly adjust tempi .... kind of 'bumpless'

It's clear now : SD1 will leave the house!

#201213 - 03/27/05 02:59 AM Re: First time gigging with Tyros!
Impuls Online   content

Loc: Netherlands
Roel,

Tyros Rules !

Ha. . .

Arno

#201214 - 03/27/05 07:03 AM Re: First time gigging with Tyros!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Roel,

I sincerely believe the more you work with Yamaha's operating system, the more you'll love its versitility. The technological advancements with arranger keyboards during the past decade has really made being a live performer a much easier job.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#201215 - 03/27/05 07:53 AM Re: First time gigging with Tyros!
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Hi Roel.

Gary is right.
You will have a lot of fun with a descomplicated and usefull keyboard.
I spent 3/4 days to make the registrations (mic. setup as well)and I can operate my 3000 with closed eyes.
I think that Yamaha do not have the best voices and the best drum voices as well, but when you add voices+drum voices+styles you have the best and friendly pack.
Cheers
Chico

#201216 - 03/27/05 08:21 AM Re: First time gigging with Tyros!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Roel, congratulations on your successful 1st gig with the Tyros. It's been 2 years since I initially tried to convince you of this fact, but I'm thrilled to hear that the Tyros has finally won you over. The Mackie SRM450's & the Tyros indeed form a terrific trio. It would really be a treat to hear a new song recorded by you (and with Wietse singing as well) on the Tyros. Wishing you continuing gig success with the Tyros.

Ok, I'd now like to encourage you (and other arranger KB performers here) to checkout the Freehand "MusicPad Pro+" digital sheet music viewer & editor;
http://freehandsystems.com/products.html

This device has revolutionized the way I access, view, and edit music (leadsheets &/lyrics) both at home & on stage. I've really grown to appreciate its usefulness, and believe it or not, it's easier to view the music on it than printed music. Quick & convenient to pull up any song, and also includes abilty to create limitless custom playlist song sets (very handy), and hands free operation (via footpedal). Perhaps a little pricy ($1,199 US dollars) but (imho) worth the investment. No searching thru fakebooks, loose lyric sheets, manual page turning, music stands, or distracting music stand lights on stage. Unlike a folding laptop PC with keyboard, the sleek thin (flat) MPP+ unit is merely viewed by the audience like the popup LCD screen on the Tyros. I'm finding my MusicPad Pro+ an invaluable music tool for both studio rehearsal as well as on stage. I don't think I could live without one now. I haven't cracked a fakebook or had to utilize music on paper in weeks.

- Scott

#201217 - 03/27/05 12:52 PM Re: First time gigging with Tyros!
Shade of pale Offline

Loc: Allen, TX, USA
Roel,
Hearing of your success in transition from SD1 to Tyros is great, I guess I have to spend more time with Tyros registration to make it work,do you like registration on the Tyros better? And I wanna thank you here for the hard to finf mp3.

Tye

SD9, Audya5, Genos, Roland XP60, 2 Yamaha DSR12, 2 Yamaha Sub, 2 Turbosound 2000

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online