SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#201195 - 05/21/03 02:24 AM question on setup/connection
siahwayne Offline

Loc: singapore
How do I connect a Peavey DeltaFex digital effects processor to a Peavey RQ-200 mixer?
On the RQ-200,each of its mono channel has two 1/4" jacks.One labelled LINE IN and the other labelled INSERT.I do not know whats the difference and function between LINE IN and INSERT.
Here is what I have.
1)PSR 2000 keyboard
2)Roland RD150 digital piano
3)peavey RQ200 mixer
4)SoundTech PL200 stereo amplifier
5)BBE 264 sonic maximizer
6)peavey Deltafex effects processor

I bought the effects processor for singing purposes but recently I got the psr2000 so I do not need that for singing anymore,so can I use it on my two keyboards.(PSR2000 has onboard effects but RD150 does not have.Both keyboards are connected to two separated stereo channels of the mixer)What kind of cables must I use? How do I hook them up?
confused Wayne

#201196 - 05/21/03 03:56 AM Re: question on setup/connection
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by siahwayne:

1)PSR 2000 keyboard
2)Roland RD150 digital piano
3)peavey RQ200 mixer
4)SoundTech PL200 stereo amplifier
5)BBE 264 sonic maximizer
6)peavey Deltafex effects processor

OK - plug both kb's into MONO (or stereo) inputs (not inserts, I'll explain later)
Take the effects send and plug into the Deltafex INPUT. Take the Delta OUTPUT and plug into the effects RETURN.(Mono or stereo)

Take the main outputs and patch into the BBE and then on to the power amp. (from the BBE outputs)

The inserts are a special place to patch an effect unit directly to ONE, specific channel. Maybe you can benifit from it in the future, but with the setup you listed .... I see no advantage in using it now. The BBE should be in the main mix, and the effect should be in the FX buss, so any channel can sare the effects.

Any questions?

#201197 - 05/21/03 09:03 AM Re: question on setup/connection
siahwayne Offline

thanks uncle Dave,each keyboard has two cables connected to the RIGHT and LEFT/MONO jack of the mixer.U mentioned take the effect send and plug into deltafex input(which input,right or left/mono?)and take the deltafex OUTPUT and plug into effects return(but which one is the effects return??)Both jacks of the stereo channel had been occupied by cables from kb.
Do I use only stereo channels(R & L/MONO)and not mono channels(LINE IN and INSERT)?

please 4give me for stupidness.

#201198 - 05/21/03 03:39 PM Re: question on setup/connection
Uncle Dave Offline

Use the MONO input onthe Delta FX, and return it to the jacks marked EFFECTS return. There should be a separate section for FX . If not, then you need to use a channel and be careful NOT to turn up the FX send on THAT channel.
You can use two mono channels and pan one LEFT and one RIGHT to keep stereo as well. That will free up a stereo channel

#201199 - 05/23/03 08:32 AM Re: question on setup/connection
siahwayne Offline

thanks uncle Dave,it works!but I got another problem.The clipping LED of the deltafex always stays red when I play the kb.I tried turning all those knobs(EFX,level,gain)as low as possible(hardly get any effects)but still seeing red.I see green only when I play a single note and release but becomes red when I play a continuous melody.Is continuous red normal or should it be blinking red???

confused Wayne

#201200 - 05/23/03 10:50 AM Re: question on setup/connection
Uncle Dave Offline

Red is a no-no. there must be a sensitivity switch in the Peavey somewhere, or a master effects send that's pushing the limit. Check the manual for the effects unit first.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online