SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#20115 - 07/09/01 04:55 PM kurzweil 'crashing'
Anonymous
Unregistered

I play keys in the rock band The Samples. At a gig recently, my K2500Xs suddenly started behaving strangely - only the factory sounds would play. My sounds had an asterisk next to them, which i believe is related to drum channels & MIDI. I went to the MIDI section to see which channel i was transmitting on. Evrything seemed normal, but as i don't use MIDI I wasn't certain what channel to use. I eventually got some sounds to work, but the asterisks remained. Then, the entire keyboards pitch started going. Powering off for a song helped, but it would come back - i had a feeling too much velocity would start the pitch changing. A possible further clue - sometimes the pitch ribbon can take things to the wrong note. Any suggestions? I know i'm not on the latest operating system, but when i tried to install a more recent OS, my old sequences would no longer work so i switched back. Thanks for you time!

#20116 - 07/10/01 10:15 AM Re: kurzweil 'crashing'
geosync Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA
Alex,

What you explain is general weirdness
I recommend doing a hard reset.

NOTE: you may want to back up any programs you have edited (the ones with the * beside them ;-) ) before doing the hard reset as it will erase all user memory and restore order to your chaos.

Then if it is still acting weird, go to my web site and email me
http://www.geosyncmusic.com

Geo

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online