SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#201135 - 02/01/02 04:58 AM What's up with MusiciansFriend and Roland EM-55 on their website?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I was at Musicains Friends website a few minutes ago and I saw they had the new Roland EM-55 listed, but when I clicked on the pic I got a page saying it was discontinuted? What's the deal with that? Did they decide at the last minute not to carry the keyboard? It can't be discontinued because it just came out.. Anyone know anything about it yet?

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#201136 - 02/01/02 07:27 AM Re: What's up with MusiciansFriend and Roland EM-55 on their website?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Squeak,
this is just a guess, but some of the guitar centers decided to discontinue the PSR9000 keyboard a month ago as well. Musicians Friend is owned by Guitar Center and this might be the reason. When I was at NAMM, some of the Roland people thought that in the LA market I might be the only dealer stocking and selling the VA76. The reason is obvious because of my involment in selling arranger keyboards, but there is still the feeling from the company that these high end arrangers are a hard sale to most stores. The EM55 is not considered high end, but if Musicians Friend has not been able to sell other arrangers, perhaps they didn't want this one.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online