SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#200948 - 04/08/02 08:37 AM Re: very ugly but intresting...Genesys...
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Thanks

#200949 - 04/08/02 10:01 AM Re: very ugly but intresting...Genesys...
New Yorker Offline

Loc: St. Petersburg, Russia
Just wanna add my thoughts to those who doesn't like the size and look of it. First of all, I think it looks good, not ugly at all.
Now about the size. With the fatures it has now I think the size can not be smaller.
Personally, and I'm sure there are other musicians out there like me, who need an all-in-one workstation to make music IN THE SRTUDIO. I do NOT do gigs and I don't care about the size at all (not always the size matters hehe). What I care is a product with the right features for me and looks like genesys gonna make it for me. I know that the sequencer is the best on all GEM arrangers. This feature is VERY important to me and it beats all competitors on that. Let's see about the price though. I hope it won't be more than $3000.

The only thing I don't like is a CD burner. I have a good one in my studio and looks like I'll be paying for the feature I don't need. I hope they'll make a model without it for users with CD burners.

Anyway, that was my opinion

------------------
New Yorker

#200950 - 04/08/02 10:04 AM Re: very ugly but intresting...Genesys...
New Yorker Offline

I just looked at SG-1 and looks like the burner IS an option for sg-1, which is good to me. I wonder if the features are the same on genesys and sg-1. Like polyphony for example. I'm disappointed that sg-1 has "only" 64... I hope Genesys will have 128.

------------------
New Yorker

#200951 - 04/08/02 01:51 PM Re: very ugly but intresting...Genesys...
vic83 Offline

Loc: Florida
I wish so badly that they would put a joystick for the pitch in the genesys instead of the wheel thing .

#200952 - 04/08/02 02:28 PM Re: very ugly but intresting...Genesys...
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Vic,
I totally agree with you. I wish Yamaha would do this too. When will they learn that a wheel does not provide the full level of control as a joystick does... This really applies to guitar sounds. The wheel limits the player a great deal...

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#200953 - 04/08/02 03:57 PM Re: very ugly but intresting...Genesys...
Maximo Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by New Yorker:

The only thing I don't like is a CD burner. I have a good one in my studio and looks like I'll be paying for the feature I don't need. I hope they'll make a model without it for users with CD burners.

[/B]

I wish you will put together your thoghts, in this message you sayd that the only things you don't like about the Genesys is the CD burner and then later you sayd that also you don't like the fact that is only 64 notes polyphony you would like it with a 128 notes polyphony. And now I already count 2 things you don't like about the Genesys, and I'm sure when we will know more about this keyboard we'll discover more things we don't like about it.

I have an Idea for you, why don't you just make your own Genesys including all the featers you need? Can we just talk in this forum about keyboard and such without writing down such a negative judgments and statements? People makes keyboard know what we talk about better then us and if they don't includes some features it's because making keyboard is not an Art such as playing them, it is BUSINESS. Nothing personal New Yorker, but there are some other way to say things that doesn't sound like you are looking this keyboard and who makes them from the above such as a "GOD".

#200954 - 04/09/02 06:59 AM Re: very ugly but intresting...Genesys...
New Yorker Offline

Maximo, I am not sure you understand English.
I strongly suggest you read my posts again cause I have no clue what the hell are you talking about.

P.S. nothing personal, just facts.

------------------
New Yorker

#200955 - 04/09/02 06:07 PM Re: very ugly but intresting...Genesys...
Maximo Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by New Yorker:

I just looked at SG-1 and looks like the burner IS an option for sg-1, which is good to me. I wonder if the features are the same on genesys and sg-1. Like polyphony for example. I'm disappointed that sg-1 has "only" 64... I hope Genesys will have 128.
[/B]

This are both your quote, aren't they?
I'll probably have some problem with my English since I'm Italian but even though you are American you still write without understand what you're writing about.

You wish it will be 128 polyphony and is not. You wish didn't have a CD burner cause you already own a good one, you wish it wouldn't be more expensive that $3000. This is what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You wish that this Genesys will be like you want it to be. And plus, let me tell you, since we ITALIAN are all over the world known as great people with design and taste culture, this KB is UGLY and you don't have any taste, and don't tell me that taste is a personal thing because my 4 years old nephiew when he saw the picture of the KB he tought it was a bent (in V shape) old radio from the 60's. But still you would go for it! I guess it can be a great toy for someone like you that plays at home with some friends to have fun. Nothing personal, just the fact!

Maximo

#200956 - 04/09/02 07:01 PM Re: very ugly but intresting...Genesys...
vic83 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Maximo:
This are both your quote, aren't they?
I'll probably have some problem with my English since I'm Italian but even though you are American you still write without understand what you're writing about.

You wish it will be 128 polyphony and is not. You wish didn't have a CD burner cause you already own a good one, you wish it wouldn't be more expensive that $3000. This is what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You wish that this Genesys will be like you want it to be. And plus, let me tell you, since we ITALIAN are all over the world known as great people with design and taste culture, this KB is UGLY and you don't have any taste, and don't tell me that taste is a personal thing because my 4 years old nephiew when he saw the picture of the KB he tought it was a bent (in V shape) old radio from the 60's. But still you would go for it! I guess it can be a great toy for someone like you that plays at home with some friends to have fun. Nothing personal, just the fact!

Maximo

hey Maximo,
it was just his opininon you know.I too wish the keyboard were 128 polyphony scince Yamaha and Roland are doing that and also it helps creating good complex sounds without runing out of polyphony.that helps this keyboard to be actully your "Studio".about the Cd burner thing,I never mind that.there is always the computer way to burn your music.so if it's there, how nice.if it's not, oh well.just opinions and nothing more.that actully helps making a great keyboard and an easer all in one keyboard!.

just my two cents

------------------
Vic:)

#200957 - 04/09/02 07:06 PM Re: very ugly but intresting...Genesys...
vic83 Offline

About the look.it's an opinion thing too.you will actully find all newer arranger keyboards trying to have that way of look since this type of keyboards are usally bought for home use(according to alot of sales men).so therfor they are trying ot make it shaped the best for Studio feeling.

------------------
Vic:)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online