SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#200861 - 04/15/05 08:21 AM Using Registrations for play list
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
This is Yamaha psr2000. I am creating Registrations for a bank of eight songs for a play list. Then keep creating banks for more groups of eight. I guess I'll run out of memory at some point.

I am doing this just choosing groups of eight songs that seem to go together decently. Like a country song, a rock song, a light rock song, a slow song, then do that again or whatever. Like I'd play them on a gig, one after another.

But I'm wondering... would it be better to create banks of all one genre. For instance, I have lots of songs that could be played at a quite restaurant... easy listening. Hmmm...

Can you store registrations on a floppy? This question is moot if I have lots of room to do many banks.

I also need to figure out some system of what to put on my lead sheets as a code to tell me where the song registration is... bank name and which number button.

#200862 - 04/15/05 05:02 PM Re: Using Registrations for play list
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill,

You can store hundreds of registrations on a single floppy disk, and access them instantly. Press the "J" button, then tab over to Floppy Disk, select the registration, then press Edit and you can see everything in that registration. I set my banks up in categories, Slow 50s, 50s Rock, Swing, etc, then name each registration within that bank with the song's title. This way you can look at what's on the bank of 8 while you're performing another song, then when the song ends, press the button next to the song and you're ready to go instantly.

Almost forgot, don't forget you also have the Music Finder Directory to select from as well. Lots of options--just takes a little planning.

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 04-15-2005).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online