SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 >
Topic Options
#200740 - 08/13/06 11:48 AM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
I'd really love the ability to load in sample WAV's into the elements to create our own drum kits then load them back into the T2 as TVN's. There are 10 user slots for creating your own kits by editing those already in the T2, but where as we can load in WAV's for creating new voices (up to 128 of them which I've done) you can't load these into make drum kits it even tells you this in the manual as Scott Yee and myself have found out.
Also 76 keys is a must. Forget the home users who are happy with 61 keys and put 76 notes on instead for all the pro gigging musicians. The home users will not mind since they will not be carrying it if it's stuck in their living room all the time.
Try to keep the weight the same by using different materials. Take a look at the Ketron SD1, that's 76 keys and light weight.
I'd also like to see the mod wheel and pitch bend reversed so the pitch bend is nearer to your left hand. For some reason manufacturers always seems to put the pitch bend wheel first then mod afterwards.
Maybe putting the mod and pitch bend wheels further up to where the power switch is and then moving the power button to somewhere else would make the keyboard the same size but still be able to get 76 keys on it? again as on the SD1

#200741 - 08/13/06 01:10 PM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
shakeel Ahmed Offline

Loc: gujranwala,punjab,Pakistan
Hey, u guys stop stop!!! so many wishes so many dollars!!!!LOL.O please let me add if if something is left behind.

1 At least four separate buttons ( like registrations) for user defind mic settings.
(very important)

2 full sampler, ability to slice,change tempo without changing pitch.

3 Abiliti to load AKAI,GIGA etc.

4 At least two mic inputs.

5 Must be with built in speakers as we see on KORG Pa1x.

6 Improved harmonica,violin and piano.

7 LCD watchable in sun light.

8 More detailed editing in sequencer like Technics.

9 If possible, put lttle wave pads (like on fantom)on the panel.

10 As yamaha itroduced HD rec on Ty2,should be 8 tracks from now onward.

These are not "TEN COMMANDMENTS" just my wishes!!!!!!!LOL.

#200742 - 08/13/06 05:25 PM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
"Johnny...er, G70, we hardly knew ye".

chas

And rightly so.

#200743 - 10/29/07 08:26 AM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
tony harbour Offline

Loc: wilts,england
I expect the Tyros 3 is past the prototype stage but just in case - i would like to see some of the things that have been added to the tyros 2 like theatre organ samples (like those offered by total transformation) may be SA blackpool tower wurlitzer theatre organ presets also some set ups for single manual and bass pedals like on regi stick plus .

Also like the Tyros 2 cousin the PSR-S900 i hope they include a USB wave file recorder (or pref mp3). Plus loads more Music Finder - perhaps more interaction with Tyros users so they can contribute Music finder files online for instant download on the net. The music finder (or equivalent on all flag ship keyboards) can really sell the instrument the more comprehensive he better.

I have a G70 but can't see any reason to change at the moment the E80 is pretty good , as is the PA800 but nothing has really beaten the G70/Tyros 2 in the last 2 years as far as i can see.

The same wish list as above goes for the next Roland glagship (G80) plus with this add sampling capabilibity would be good.

#200744 - 10/29/07 11:32 AM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
All of the above features (sans keyboard) in a 10 - 15 Lb. Module!
Ciao,
Jerry

#200745 - 10/29/07 11:34 AM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
The Tyros3 will not have 76 keys...you can take that to the bank.

#200746 - 10/29/07 12:47 PM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Actually, Roland and Korg and Ketron will 'take that to the bank'...

What I don't get, Ian, is that these people ARE Yamaha customers. They DON'T want an entirely new arranger, geared to the professional. They just want a T2 (or it's successor) in a case with a 76 stuck on. Just exactly HOW hard is that to do? Yamaha seem to have gotten the process down pretty well with the Motif line (and don't be fooled... almost as few of THEM get taken out from 'home' and used on pro gigs as T2's!). Just exactly how expensive would it be to tool up for a 76 and case when the innards and OS are identical?

I find it perplexing that the VAST majority of 88 note keyboards ARE sold to 'home' users (in fact, the vast majority of ALL keyboards are sold to non-professionals). You think of all the WK's and NP-30's etc., that are strictly 'home' keyboards, and you realize there IS a market for larger keyboard sizes, even to the home market (in fact, ESPECIALLY to the 'home' market).

That Yamaha should chose to ignore these, yet alone the few pros that would love a larger key-bed, too, while other companies happily crank out larger sizes that sell well enough at least for them to stay in production and move on to better models just strikes me as hubris and stubbornness.

Just because Yamaha ARE the market leader doesn't necessarily make ALL their marketing decisions correct ones. If they DID have a 76 line and it prove unpopular, you would have a case. But until they step up to the plate, and THEN prove the need unfounded (while others DO have successful products with 76's on), the constant calling for a 76 T2 (or S900) from so many players here just seem to indicate a need that Yamaha REFUSE to consider, despite it's obvious ease.

Yamaha FORCE 76 users to use other company's products, no matter how much they don't WANT to. And the other companies are taking THAT 'to the bank'...

#200747 - 10/29/07 01:34 PM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
ianmcnll Offline

Diki,

You'll be a long while trying to figure out Yamaha's strategy...which obviously works quite well.

But, it's nice to see you thinking so hard.

Ian

#200748 - 10/29/07 02:38 PM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Actually, Roland and Korg and Ketron will 'take that to the bank'...

Just because Yamaha ARE the market leader doesn't necessarily make ALL their marketing decisions correct ones. If they DID have a 76 line and it prove unpopular, you would have a case.

Good point. Yamaha actually did delve into the high-end 76 key arena back in 2001 with the PSR 9000PRO. In my opinion it was the first high-end arranger that started to get the attention of pro level musicians that had previously shunned all arrangers as essentially toys for amatuers. The PSR 9000PRO had it's good points (76 keys for one ) plus a real Sampler, plus high quality sounds, etc. But a problem was encountered that in my opinion Yamaha hadn't anticipated, was when word got out that the processor used to run it was basically underpowered and users were encountering glitches and bugs in the OS and hardware while using it. These reports were verified by professional review sites who were able to simulate the problems and verify that it was indeed true. When word got out about it I feel it hurt the otherwise noble effort that Yamaha had accomplished when they created the 9000PRO, but as a result of these verifiable problems that people got wind of they started to shy away from purchasing one. Consequently it didn't sell near as well as Yamaha was hoping and ended up being considered a "dismal failure" by Yamaha's own admission. What essentially happened, in my opinion, was the 9000OPRO was sooooo feature ladened that the processor had trouble keeping up with all the various instructions sent to it and as a result experienced the problems it had.

It has been said that the Japanese, once they encounter a setback and/or consider something financially unfeasible (for whatever reason - only they know for sure ), that they then shelve any further development or advancement of a similar product in the future. In other words, once it had been determined that the 9000PRO was a 'financial' "failure" Yamaha jumped ship and has never looked back, or rather "forward" to developing another 76 key high end arranger. Although, in my opinion, it was not that there wasn't a viable market for 76 key high-end arranger products back in 2001 e.g. as noted by the fact that Roland, Korg, and others seem to be making it okay in that arena, it was because the 9000PRO ran into hardware and OS issues and because of it didn't reach its full potential and sell near as well as Yamaha had hoped - and it just so happened to have 76 keys tacked on to it.

It may be that Yamaha was looking at it from the perspective of "our first professional 76 key high-end arranger effort failed so we won't risk another attempt in the 76 key arena again, period."

It is not that there isn't a viable market for 76 key high-end arrangers (look around and see , rather it is that Yamaha failed at their attempt into the 76 key high-end market and have therefore apparently concluded that they aren't willing to take that risk again. Maybe it's a Japanese thing or maybe it's just a Yamaha thing I dunno. I kinda tend to think it's just a Yamaha thing going on myself.

FWIW, I have recently read where the Corporate heads at Yamaha Music Division have been attempting to re-adjust their policies, principles, and their thinking regarding the manufacturing of their products. There are younger higher-up white collar personnel being hired and re-shuffled within the company in a re-structuring move meant to put in place these new corporate ideologies and manufacturing principles. It is said that they are trying to focus more on thinking "outside the box" and relying more on employee input in the manufacturing process to better enhance and serve the companies bottom line and also the public's interests and needs as well.

All this could mean that we just might actually see another 76 key high-end arranger somewhere down the road and possibly in the not too distant future from Yamaha. >> I won't hold my breath but it does sound slightly encouraging though. However slight that slightly encouraging may appear to be.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 10-29-2007).]

#200749 - 10/29/07 03:00 PM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
ianmcnll Offline

Mike,

It is my understanding (and opinion)that Yamaha does not consider the 76 note arranger market because it is too small.

Arrangers are primarily marketed for home users.

With Korg and Roland(if they replace the G70...questionable from what I hear)fulfilling the 76 note niche, why make a keyboard for such a small piece of the pie?

Ian

Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online