SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 11 12 >
Topic Options
#200720 - 07/07/06 11:17 AM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
And stop all the HYPE!!!
But make the changes for your dedicated customers..

Amen to that. Sweet, Live, cool,natural, mega, super atriculated, etc.
The new Roland E80 has fret noises on its new guitar mode. No hype. I hope the E50/E60 has these guitar voices as well.
Starkeeper

[This message has been edited by Starkeeper (edited 07-07-2006).]

#200721 - 07/07/06 12:20 PM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
wizboy Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Add a built in mini music pad pro

#200722 - 07/07/06 12:38 PM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
The new Roland E80 has fret noises on its new guitar mode

When I heard those sounds at Blackpool I thought they had sampled a cat scratching in it's litter tray

Just kiddin' they weren't too bad

#200723 - 07/07/06 01:07 PM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
I will try to not repeat too much of what others have said. Many good suggestions have been listed. Mine are:

- 76 keys

- easier access to changing splits

- 76 keys

- PC software for configuring all aspects of the keyboard (most importantly registrations)

- 76 keys

- MP3 functionality

- 76 keys

- Hi/Low impedance combo jacks for input and outputs and 2nd mic jack

- 76 keys

- Left/Right connectors for flexible arm lamps

- 76 keys

- music stand that does not come apart into little connector pieces to lose. Also it needs to be closer to the player. I find it too far away to read and sometimes turn pages so I use a stand-alone music stand that allows me to place it right about the screen.

- 76 keys

- More SA voices. Specifically a good clarinet, Jazz guitar, Electric bass, and Acoustic bass. I find none of these sounds on my T2 to my liking.

- 76 keys

- ability to attach a USB computer keyboard for typing

- 76 keys

- modify display so longer names are displayed for registrations

- 76 keys

- lots of surprises

- 76 keys

- some people have posted about real-time chord sequencers.

- 76 keys

- ability to change the octaves of LH voice as easily as RH voices

- 76 keys

- 2 measure breaks

- 76 keys

- Ability for the browser to go to any web address, download files and open Zips and RAR files as many things we download are in those archive formats

- 76 keys

- built-in wired and wireless LAN adaptor. And if this becomes a LAN aware device, how about a midi/file access driver for the PC that works over the network so we can connect the T3 to the network and access it via a PC without needed to run another wire for the USB.

-76 keys

- Continue to enhance chord recongition engine so it can identify more jazz voicings, rootless voicings, and slash chord voicings.

- 76 keys

- real-time performance controls for variation of guitar strums (aka Roland) with some kind of foot control option

- 76 keys

- some kind of really smart AI engine that does real-time variations to drumming, comping, and strumming patterns.

- 76 keys

- half-pedaling for the sustain pedal

Oh, I almost forgot, how about 76 keys?

[This message has been edited by RobertG (edited 07-07-2006).]

#200724 - 07/07/06 01:11 PM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
DNJ notice the lol and the I was having you on m8
76 keys a must for me, internal CDRW for recording your own songs/albums to (that's providing there is a good mix down facility inside the machine, look at Yamaha's mixers with built in drives they are awesome) USB2 if USB is to be used again, no internal hard drive as it's nice to be able to purchase your own size rather than be told this is what you've got like it or lump it, maybe the ability to load VST's like the Wersi does (please make it work) although if there are more voices like the SA ones then who needs VST or Giga etc. and a nice big touch screen with loads of colours, quality of styles that are even better than the T2's, oh almost forgot a little fridge joined to it for storing my bottles of lager whilst I spend hours playing on it.

Craig, no offense taken...
"I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!" when & if I get across the pond I'll look ya up & you can bet we'll be pounding down some Guinness my friend my treat & playing the T2 & more for sure!! Thanks for the thoughts and reply!

#200725 - 07/07/06 01:59 PM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
My list is simple.

1.Better Split Point and Fingering Mode access.

2."Freeze" should work on Split Point and Fingering Mode...as of now, parameter lock must be used instead.

3.Keep Tyros3 at 61 keys, and make a Tyros3 Pro as a separate model for those who need the extended keyboard...I don't.

4.Definitely more SA voices...Fiddle, Violin and Harmonica would be nice.

5.Mod wheel and aftertouch assignable to more functions(e.g. rotary speed, chorus depth etc.)

6.Handsome polished wood finish...walnut or cherry...or polished ebony.

7.OTS on preset styles changeable and storable...no need to store as "user"

Ian

#200726 - 07/07/06 02:26 PM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
Dnj Offline

Although I like the improvements on the T2....Let me add to my previous list just in case Yamaha is reading for future units

No More Sharp corners on body

Link MFD to Registration with transpose also

Add separate controlled addition Mic input

XLR Mic inputs

Ability to Play Arranger/SMF/WAV/Mp3 at the same time with separate slider controls.

Use high quality tacky rubber coated knobs & sliders, wheels, for better grip also paint wont peel off.

USB 2.0

Increase Flash memory size

#200727 - 07/07/06 03:57 PM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
shiral Offline

Loc: IL, USA
I do not own a Tyros. So, forgive me if what I suggest is already there. (I still use my PA80, but haven't lost interest in YAMAHAs.)

1. GUI front-end that runs on the computer (both Windows and OSX) but controls all or almost all parameters of the keyboard. e.g. Instead of changing the length of a note using numbers on the keyboard, click and drag on the computer so it changes the numbers on the keyboard accordingly.

2. I like speaker-less 61 keys. (compact and light)

3. Joy stick like on KORGs instead of wheels.

4. Just for the leg - preferably the left (I need my arm to play the Tyros once I have it) ;-)

Shiral

#200728 - 07/08/06 08:46 AM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkeeper:
[B]B3 voices like the G70, Fantom X piano voice like the G70, 76 semi-weighted keys like the G70, and vocal harmonizer like the G70. Maybe I want a G70.
Starkeeper

At 45 lbs maybe not.

A T3 with 76 keys and weighing around 30-35 lbs. If Roland can do it with the Fantom X7 (76 keys weighing 32 lb.) then Yamaha should be able to do it with a T3. Styles and Multipads don't weigh a whole lot as we know. Even 2 Gigs of RAM for the Sampler would only be a few 'ounces'. And semi-weighted keys would only add a few extra pounds to the total weight also. So Yamaha COULD do it if they buckle down and use lighter, stronger composites and parts that are quality in nature but also advanced enough to be light and of good durability.

And the price has to be 'below' the competition for it to be the hot seller Yamaha would like it to be.

Plus several other things I would like to see it have but time does not allow me to go into it at this time.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Best regards,
Mike

#200729 - 07/08/06 09:13 AM Re: Your HOPES & DREAMS for TYROS 3?
Esh Offline

Loc: Hilton Head, SC, USA
Actually, the only way Yamaha could interest me in a Tyros-anything these days would be to make a QY-T2 Module that competes directly with the Ketron MidJay (which, by the way, looks pretty spiffy with it's new 4.0 OS upgrade). The Yamaha QY line was cool and is way, way overdue for a modern revamp.

Yamaha has turned off a lot of people who were hoping for a new 76-note arranger and I'm betting they won't revisit the subject and open old wounds. Personally I'm beyond that now that I use 88-note graded-hammer controllers for everything. I'm also beyond paying $4000+ for a new arranger which is what a new T3 would likely have to retail for. A Yamaha QY-T2 priced around $1999 would make a lot of sense (furthering the market for T2 styles etc.) and would definitely rock.

But for Yamaha to listen to American consumers about anything is such a stretch...

[This message has been edited by Esh (edited 07-08-2006).]

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online