SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#200672 - 11/25/03 08:15 AM Going to buy a Modular Synthesizer after all!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I hate to be the barer of bad news but, I have decided to go ahead with my orginal plan and buy a modular synth from Synthesizers.com. I guess when it comes right down to it I am more of a synthesit, rather then a player. More knob tweaker, then a keyboard player. I know arranger keyboards are nice and I am sure loads of fun, but to me they are nothing more then glorified home keyboards. This realisation came about after much deliberation, and thought, and a slap in the face. That what it was that I wanted after all is a modular synthesizer. I do however want too thank you all for your help. I really do appericate it.

BTW: I'm not leaving this BBS I will still be around. Maybe not out in front but lurking in the shadows. Moohaaahaaa (manical laugh).

Peace!

#200673 - 11/25/03 09:29 AM Re: Going to buy a Modular Synthesizer after all!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
All the best to you Paul. I hope your purchase of a Modular works out. Although your assessment of Arranger Keyboards being nothing more than glorified Home Keyboards is inaccurate imo. More people use Arranger Keyboards as their primary Gigging instrument than you can shake a stick at and many Musicians Gigging with them do it for their primary source of income (bread and butter). Also it takes more 'skill' to play a Keyboard than it does to twist a few knobs but if you're not up to the challenge and dedication it takes to learn and play a Keyboard then the Modular Synth is an easier route to follow and definitely the way to go for you. Sorry to hear your change of heart but I hope you'll be happy in your choice of choosing Modulars over Arrangers. PS: The less professional Keyboard players there are means more money for the ones that be! Eventually Keyboardists may become a novelty act and will be in 'high' demand because of it and the they would be able to demand exorbitant fees for their services. PS: I hope that never happens, really! I hope Keyboarding becomes more and more popular and more and more people take up the Keys. Even if it means possibly losing income because of the competition and saturation of the market. Of course that doesn't apply to Donny. He'll just re-invent himself and continue to make oodles of money regardless of competition or saturation in the marketplace. I still say you need a good Keyboard to do it though. (Not just you Donny but ANY body).

Best regards,
Mike

#200674 - 11/25/03 09:34 AM Re: Going to buy a Modular Synthesizer after all!
Dnj Offline

Mike..... ....."Decent KB" is a better usage....just give me some keys and I'll make music & money..

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-25-2003).]

#200675 - 11/25/03 12:10 PM Re: Going to buy a Modular Synthesizer after all!
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Paul,

Good luck to you. Please let us know when you get the .com synth. We are very interested in a detailed report about it when you get it.

#200676 - 11/25/03 12:22 PM Re: Going to buy a Modular Synthesizer after all!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sure will do just that. Though it may not be for a few months. As of the moment I had purchased a new HP CPU and just got DSL,plus I have a few other bills to pay. I may use my tax return to help py for it. In the meantime why not stop by their website @ http://www.synthesizers.com . You can even listen to MP3's of artsits who use these synths.

#200677 - 11/25/03 03:04 PM Re: Going to buy a Modular Synthesizer after all!
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
.com synth it is!
I'll be getting one too in ....april YEAH!
Even though I like to play keys, tweaking a hundred knobs and dealing with miles of cables is something I can't live without!

PS
Nowadays arranger keyboards pack more power then my entire studio did about 10-15 years ago. They are a lot more then just home keyboards.
I've got as many responses (if not more) here to my synth questions as I would normally get at "General discussion".
I think you should stick around Paul!
Post a topic every once in a while. I know I will!

-ED-

#200678 - 11/25/03 03:22 PM Re: Going to buy a Modular Synthesizer after all!
Anonymous
Unregistered

You Bet!

#200679 - 11/26/03 12:34 PM Re: Going to buy a Modular Synthesizer after all!
Anonymous
Unregistered

MUST HAVE DOTCOM SYNTHESIZER!

#200680 - 11/26/03 07:12 PM Re: Going to buy a Modular Synthesizer after all!
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
That's the Paul I know!

-ED-

#200681 - 11/26/03 08:36 PM Re: Going to buy a Modular Synthesizer after all!
Anonymous
Unregistered

MODULAR SYNTH GOOD!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online