SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#200373 - 03/08/07 02:48 AM Re: Stop whining and start practicing
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
By the way, my arranger, when at home, sits directly in front of my monitor, with the mouse and keyboard on a shelf underneath it, so I COULD practice and post at the same time....!

FINALLY..... a good use for One Finger Chord mode

#200374 - 03/08/07 06:58 AM Re: Stop whining and start practicing
Dnj Offline

Although I do not.....how many people here are using one finger chords while playing?
I see this being used in many OMB acts around the area......are people getting lazy?

#200375 - 03/08/07 07:44 AM Re: Stop whining and start practicing
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Although I do not.....how many people here are using one finger chords while playing?
I see this being used in many OMB acts around the area......are people getting lazy?

Donny ... is this a case of laziness, OR, have other musicians, i.e. horn players, drummers, bass players, who no longer have bands to play with, come to the realization that OMB is a good way to make some dough, but not having the piano training necessary, have found it easy to play an arranger using one note chords ??? .....
I can't imagine anyone with piano training using one note chords...
t.

#200376 - 03/08/07 08:28 AM Re: Stop whining and start practicing
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Might I mention to the opposite extreme that it is possible that quite a few guitar players wish they could make their guitars sound like DonM when he's imitating a guitar on any keyboard that I've heard him improvise on. He's the best that I've heard doing guitar on a keyboard.

#200377 - 03/08/07 10:01 AM Re: Stop whining and start practicing
Dnj Offline

Yes it is possible ....& lazy aint even the word for half these so called musicians out there callingthemselves OMB's ....should be
OFB..."One Finger Band"

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online