SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#200209 - 05/29/07 10:19 PM When's the next Tyros coming out?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
When should we expect the T3? I'm getting bored...

#200210 - 05/30/07 12:00 AM Re: When's the next Tyros coming out?
Wis Offline

As I said a few weeks ago, "in a few weeks".

#200211 - 05/30/07 12:57 AM Re: When's the next Tyros coming out?
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Really?

Great!

Ummm - 76 keys I trust??????

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#200212 - 05/30/07 02:22 AM Re: When's the next Tyros coming out?
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by hellboy44:
Really?

Great!

Ummm - 76 keys I trust??????

76 Keys on a Tyros? You want the acid? Abso-bloody-lutely won't happen.

So much for bating your breath for the Audya, Hellboy. But, since you're not Hellgirl I'm kinda relieved.

#200213 - 05/30/07 03:40 AM Re: When's the next Tyros coming out?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
When should we expect the T3? I'm getting bored...

You have a long wait......btw whay are you bored with the T2?

#200214 - 05/30/07 07:20 AM Re: When's the next Tyros coming out?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
You have a long wait......btw why are you bored with the T2?

He's getting tired of waiting for those large samples to load through the Tyros2' USB 1.1 interface.

The T2 has been out a year and a half or so now so we can expect to see a T3 in about 1 1/2 - 2 years. Every three years is a good guide post since that's when Yamaha usually comes out with a new high-end Clavinova product which shortly thereafter seems to trickle down to the release of their high-end Arranger product(s). Don't hold your breath for a 76 key T3 though. It seems we the musician/keyboardist (the ones who actually buy their products) can overwhelmingly plead and request a feature for a keyboard like 76 keys for a T2/T3 etc., and no matter how convincingly we make our argument or present our case, if that request is not in the "supposed" best interest of Yamaha and their "bottom line" they will deny our request it seems every time. Only what makes sense to them in terms of financial gain does it seem that then and only then will Yamaha relent and give us what we (the people who actually keep them afloat) are requesting from them. Otherwise you can basically forget it. At least that's been my observation and experience in my many years of dealings with Yamaha. That doesn't mean that a Company cannot reverse its course and branch out into new areas and/or change its business philosophy or stance on certain issues (like once again making 76 key high-end Arrangers ) but usually that involves a change in leadership and/or other personnel in the heirarchy that are willing to think outside the box and more in line and in tune to their customers and/or potential customers needs and wishes. Otherwise, we the consumer, will continue to stay quite a few notches down on the totem pole in their list of priorities in regards to what gets added or not added on the keyboard products they make. At least that's the conclusion I've come to regarding Yamaha Music Division and their ongoing business practices over the years that I've known them.

But it's nice to know that if Yamaha doesn't make a 76 key T3 we the consumer have other options open to us from other manufacturers that do and will continue to make 76 key high-end Arrangers. Roland, Korg, and Ketron are leading the pack in that regard with Ketron's new 76 key Audya looking to be the hot new item in 76 key high-end Arrangers. Of course, that has yet to be fully determined but I personally found many (although not all) of the sounds on the recent Musikmesse video to be quite good and some that were outstanding. I am holding my breath that Korg and Roland will also come out with new 76 key high-end Arranger products in the near future. Hopefully they won't let us down in that regard.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 05-30-2007).]

#200215 - 05/30/07 08:02 AM Re: When's the next Tyros coming out?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
You have a long wait......btw why are you bored with the T2?

Maybe because it's too heavy?

#200216 - 05/30/07 08:39 AM Re: When's the next Tyros coming out?
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
If Yamaha stick to their usual 3 year policy, the T3 should appear around November 2008.

#200217 - 05/30/07 09:39 AM Re: When's the next Tyros coming out?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
When I asked Yamaha at the Blackpool keyboard Festival, about 76 notes, they said that Yamaha has fully researched its intended Arranger keyboard Market, (Which they specifically state is the Home User) and there is virtually no demand for 76 notes.

Bill

#200218 - 05/30/07 10:34 AM Re: When's the next Tyros coming out?
Dnj Offline

I predict no more Tyros line at all...although there might be a Totally new series in the near future

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online