SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#200164 - 03/25/05 12:18 PM Re: G70 owners, and G70 people who have played...,
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I pretty much suspected that, I feel my decision has been made, so it looks like a blind purchase will be made

#200165 - 03/26/05 12:34 AM Re: G70 owners, and G70 people who have played...,
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
I pretty much suspected that, I feel my decision has been made, so it looks like a blind purchase will be made

Let us know what you think about it once you get it Frankie. It will probably take you a good week or two after you get it to make an accurate assessment and ultimately a final verdict on the G70 though. Don't rush it Frankie. Give it plenty of time to play it and mess with the settings, EQ, etc., to evaluate it thoroughly. There may be hidden settings that if enabled would make it sound much better. In fact a difference as big as Night and Day possibly, you never know.

I would also consider updating it to the latest Operating System if it doesn't already have the latest OS in it when you get it. That could make a huge difference in itself.

Then if after a few weeks of purchasing it your not fully satisfied, simply return it for a refund. Some places may give you more than a 30 day return guarantee no questions asked depending on where you buy it.

Roland is being a stinker though for not allowing the G70 to be purchased through Discount online Retailers like Music123 or Zzounds, etc. But I'm sure George Kaye will give you a great deal if you decide to purchase one from him.

Best regards,
Mike

#200166 - 03/26/05 05:55 AM Re: G70 owners, and G70 people who have played...,
Turnip Offline

Loc: Linköping, Sweden
I'm also very confused with the bad opinions on the G-70. To my ears, it sounds a lot better then any other arranger keyboard on the market right now, and especially most of the styles are more realistic then anything else I've heard from the other arrangers.

At first, I admit that I was doubtful concerning the G-70 because of all bad critics, but now that I've owned it for a week, I'm convinced that I bought the right keyboard. I like it a lot!

#200167 - 03/26/05 09:41 AM Re: G70 owners, and G70 people who have played...,
Anonymous
Unregistered

You bought the right keyboard.

#200168 - 03/28/05 08:22 AM Re: G70 owners, and G70 people who have played...,
Anonymous
Unregistered

New to forum...I currently own a VA-76 and really love it...I don't think I'm as technically advanced as some of you but have played professionally for more than 35 years and am currently use my VA-76 for creating music for my church's praise band (really only have a bass player who plays with me so the arranger is great for creating a full band sound..)...have found the va-76 to be very user friendly and easy to navigate even without the manual, which is also good....unlike some of you I have called roland many times and have always found them helpful and accessable, although a toll free number would be nice....Anyway, to the point...I saw the demo dvd on line for the g-70 and was VERY impressed with the keyboard based on that alone...have not been able to find one locally to try it out but am considering buying it anyway as I really think many of the features would be very useful to me especially the dynamic level adjustment for the styles which follows the dynamics of the live player...also am using a tc helicon voice prism plus for harmonies and I understand that the g-70 has this built in and is supposed to be very good....Has anyone tried the voice harmonies on the g-70 and could comment???....What sort of price should I look for???...I understand that msrp is 3995, is that right....what are others paying and is the 1.06 the latest software version and should I expect that to be installed at the factory or will I need to download that??? Thanks for any help provided....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online