SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#200133 - 04/12/02 09:16 AM Re: A question about FENDER 16 CHN Mixer
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Hi Mosiqaar,
At amp "A" you have 2 outputs 1/4" plugs this is for your Right & Left, main speakers!
The Second "B" amp is as Don has said. Its for unpowered monitor speakers! The other monitor output is for powered moniters. I don't know the output power of amp "B" but it's not nearly as powerful as amp "a"! If your not using Amp "B" you should keep it shut down as you have know load on it! I don't really know this piece!
It may have a sw. to shut the amp down. Both the A&B Amps when used should always both Right & left speakers plugged in, because they are in paralel with each other. If you just plug in one speaker
you get a bad empedance match! Over loadl the the amp somewhat! I wouldn't.
Word of advice: Get you a dust cover, even a towel would work til you find one & don't let to many people get their hands on it!
Sorry for rattleing on so long
Good luck with it! Sounds like a winner!
You'll get it to workin' right, hang in there!
All the best,
Nobby

------------------

#200134 - 04/12/02 07:17 PM Re: A question about FENDER 16 CHN Mixer
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
Thank you all for the replies...here is more info about my equipment so I can help you help me set it up correctly:

-The mixer is a Fender PX2216D Powered Mixer (on the paper it says 330W). It has alot of inputs but two of them happen to say AMP A IN and AMP B IN.
-There is a power amp FENDER PX2200 in the same casing that says (600W), but all that has in it is 4 quarter inch inputs. 2 say AMP A Speaker output jacks, and the other two say AMP B Speaker output jacks.
-I have another SEPERATE AMP in a totally different case, which is the QSC, and I have not touched that yet.
-Two L&R 15" Fender Speakers
-One Powered (300W) Powered Monitor

So AMP A and AMP B are really just two labels on the same AMP, which is mounted right next to the Mixer but they don't seem to be connected anyhow!

Now knowing the exact models does anyone have a better idea on how to hook it up? Unfortunately the seller had no paper work what so ever.

UD, I know I got a good deal, but he offered to discount anything missing . The Missing mic is a SHURE BG3.1 Dynamic MIC. Any ideas?

Nobby, actually both the Mixer and PowerAMP are in an SKB molded Case so it can be totally covered.

Thank you all for the input, to me dealing with live sound is almost like talking chinese (I know very little about it)...I usually hired a sound engineer with his own sound equipement, but now I am getting more business and thought I can save alot doing it myself (other than the fact that I will gain knowlege).

Thanks again all.

Oh Tom, I have WD-40....I will give it a shot, thanks , but does anyone recommend opening the the mixer or just sticking that little pipe in and spray it?

Thanks

#200135 - 04/12/02 07:19 PM Re: A question about FENDER 16 CHN Mixer
Mosiqaar Offline

SORRY MADE A TYPO, THE POWERD MIXER SAYS 300W NOT 330W.

Off the subject here but how can you edit, delete ur posts?

#200136 - 04/12/02 09:57 PM Re: A question about FENDER 16 CHN Mixer
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Click on the third icon from the left, top row (and I am not talking about the sequencer).

#200137 - 04/13/02 10:55 AM Re: A question about FENDER 16 CHN Mixer
Mosiqaar Offline

Thank you Tom Cavanaugh...WD-40 is a winner. Thanks alot for the suggestion, no more noises on my volume slides.

OK GUYS I MAY SHOW ALOT OF IGNORANCE BY SAYING THIS, THE MIXER AND THE POWER AMP HAVE NO ATTACHMENTS BETWEEN THEM WHAT SO EVER EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT THEY ARE SITTING IN TWO BOXES OF THE SAME CASE. POWERING THE AMP ON, POWERS THE MIXER ON AS WELL!!!!!! FURTHER MORE, ALL I HAD TO DO IS PUT A CABLE FROM THE POWER AMP OUTPUT INTO THE SPEAKER AND IT WORKS. HOW IN THE WORLD IS THE MIXER CONNECTING TO THE AMP, PLEASE TELL ME BEFORE I START BELIEVING IN MAGIC!

#200138 - 04/13/02 10:57 AM Re: A question about FENDER 16 CHN Mixer
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You must be overlooking the inputs into the power amp. I seriously doubt it is cordless!
Don

#200139 - 04/13/02 01:57 PM Re: A question about FENDER 16 CHN Mixer
Gord Offline

Loc: Kelowna,British Columbia,Canad...
Mosiqarr
Yes-You sure got a good buy on your total
system.
Yes-Im sure your unit has a large multiwire
connecting cable running from the mixer to the PA. No you can't see it-it is located in the frame of the box that surroundes the mixer & PA amp. If you took out the screws
that holds the mixer into its box,and lifted the mixer panel out of the box, you would see how the cable runs from the mixer to the PA. You can go to the search engine 'Google'
and type in 'Fender, Model #' of your unit-
I saw a business listed that can supply an operating manual/schematics-I'm sure this would help you understand how to operate your
system. Does your mixer have pan pots?. I believe I've used a similar system. With your pan pots set to midway (12 oclock) you will send a equal signal from the channel in use to both amps. If you had stereo outs from a keyboard, you would 'pan' one output to the right, the other to the left for a stereo effect. You can also pan your used channels to one amp-and use the other amp for a monitor amp. I'm sure if you had the operating manual for your unit or someone experienced on this board to show you the 'in's and out's' of it-it would all come 'clear' to you in short order!

#200140 - 04/13/02 11:15 PM Re: A question about FENDER 16 CHN Mixer
Mosiqaar Offline

Thanks Don and Gord....

Don I think what Gord is saying makes more sense, the only place I did not check is within the "wood" (or what ever it is) that holds the mixer and AMP. The mixer even tilts up to about 45 Degrees, and I still see no wires what so ever connecting the two. It really is very strange! I will eventually take it apart just to see how they are connected.

Gord, yes I already went to google and found that place that sells those manuals, but I only found one for the AMP circuitry, which won't help me much...I would like to get a manual for the MIXER which is the PX2216D model by Fender. I looked for hours on the net last night and only found one Russian site that has a picture of it and talks in Russian about , so I did not get a word.

I ended up connecting AMP A Jack to left speaker and AMP B jack to the right Speaker (this is one AMP we are talking about with two outputs A and B). I also have the powered monitor, which I have not tried to connect yet. As far as the third sepeare QSC amp, I am not sure how to use it, but where I would use is is to push more power into my mixer (some kind of serial connection with my other amp).

If anyone knows a place or has the manual for this mixer I would greatly appreciate a copy of it.

Gord yes I do have pan.

One quick question guys...I have "SOLO" button for each channel, and I have an "INSERT" Jack for each channel. What are those?

Thanks

#200141 - 04/14/02 07:20 AM Re: A question about FENDER 16 CHN Mixer
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The "solo" button will send THAT channel to the headphone jack, so you can listen to just 1 thing at a time. This is useful when trying to isolate a problem, such as feedback or distortion.
The "insert" jacks are stereo (R-T-S) and with the proper cable, you can directlt patch and outboard processor or effect into THAT channel only. This is most often used for compressors or dedicated effects.
I had one of those Fender boards, and it sure was loaded with features. The size/weight ratio left me in the cold, but for a band or a permanent set-up ..... it's hard to beat.

#200142 - 04/14/02 08:39 AM Re: A question about FENDER 16 CHN Mixer
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
WD40....you learn something every day!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online