SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#200102 - 03/01/06 10:55 AM Style that ends too abrubtly
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
This is Rock&Roll style on Yam psr2000. I have noticed it on many styles... the last note of the song... the very ending... it's too sudden. Of course I could just always use the fade button. But is there any solution to this other than fade?

BTW, I almost always use the 1st ending, usually called Fill&Hit. But even though it's a simple ending, that's not what I mean. I mean there is no fade to the last note. Or not much, anyway.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#200103 - 03/01/06 12:42 PM Re: Style that ends too abrubtly
Dnj Offline

Try going into style editor and rerecording the ending to accomodate your needs....its a little tricky but it can surly be done ...I had to read the manual a few times before doing it......
I have changed many styles for that custom sound on a few when I had a Yammy.

good luck

#200104 - 03/01/06 01:47 PM Re: Style that ends too abrubtly
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bill,
I use Jos's OMB software for editing PSR styles. In the Stylemaker section , the tracks can be edited in " list & piano roll viewe the ending could be extended.
Unfortunately I don't have a psr to test the result on, but playing an edited style back in OMB itself , works well.

I'd be happy to try & see if I can extend the ending.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#200105 - 03/01/06 02:34 PM Re: Style that ends too abrubtly
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill,

Take a look at the lessons section at PSR Tutorial and you'll find step by step instructions on how to modify style files using the 2000's onboard features. Not really much to it, and the results are excellent.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#200106 - 03/01/06 06:19 PM Re: Style that ends too abrubtly
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Bill:

As usual, Gary is right. Tweaking styles takes a little time and effort but it is sure worth it.

Hope to see you at the Shreveport Crawdad Eatin' and Keyboard Beatin' contest now reportedly scheduled for the last week in April.

Dave Rice

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online