Topic Options
#200082 - 11/03/02 11:07 PM Re: advice needed
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Hey Denny, relax...

#200083 - 11/03/02 11:19 PM Re: advice needed
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Perhaps DanO could lend Denny some of his Paxil.

#200084 - 11/04/02 01:09 AM Re: advice needed
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
many thanks again,mike

#200085 - 11/04/02 04:03 AM Re: advice needed
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
1. Turn the channel on the p.a. system to which you will plug into all the way down.
2. Turn the volume on the keyboard all the way down.
3. Plug in, using the line outs. You can use the R and L, using two cables, for stereo, or the R(+L), using one cable. Or you can use the RCA outputs. If you use the 1/4" outs, the PSR2000 volume knob will control the signal to the amp. If you use the RCA, the signal will be "wide open".
4. Then, slowly turn up the volume on the channel you plug into. If you are using the 1/4" outs, turn up the volume on the PSR, testing the volume as you go by playing notes on the PSR.
5. The PA system channel may have overload indicator lights. If so, be certain you are not overdriving the channel. A little experimentation and you will find the right level.
I prefer in most cases to use the 1/4" outputs so you can use the keyboard volume control to adjust your volume through the PA during the job. Some prefer the RCA jacks, so you can control the PSR volume for monitoring purposes only. Your decision, but be sure you take the proper cables.
Also bear in mind that there is e.q. (bass, treble controls) on most p.a.s. I normal set them flat on the p.a. if possible and use the internal keyboard e.q. to adjust my sound. Also, I use internal effects (reverb,delay), and turn the effects on the p.a. channel off.
I prefer to have as much control over my sound from the PSR as possible.
Hope this helps.
DonM
P.S. I'm leaving now for an out-of-town job.
(Four shows in two days). Good luck!

#200086 - 11/04/02 07:25 AM Re: advice needed
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
thanks DONM,your info also helps,the info in the manual is basic ,we were all new to this once,thats what help and experience is all about,and i thank you also,mike

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online