SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#200014 - 01/17/03 06:50 AM Anybodu tried Triton sounds on PA80 ?
Denis007 Offline

Loc: Ottawa,ONT,CANADA
Hello,

I have heard that PA80 has the same sound engine as Triton. Is this true?
I know that Triton has more effect on board and that's why I am a little bit suspicious.
Did anybody tried to load Triton sounds to PA80?

Thanks a lot

#200015 - 01/17/03 07:01 AM Re: Anybodu tried Triton sounds on PA80 ?
trtjazz Offline

denis,
The guy to reach out to on this is Steve, SOc9 he is the one I know who has done the most as well as converting sounds. When I had my PA I used his sounds which he has done a great job with. The second one with a good knowledge bas in this area is Bluezplayer AJ.
jam on,
Terry

------------------

http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#200016 - 01/17/03 06:21 PM Re: Anybodu tried Triton sounds on PA80 ?
S0C9 Offline

Loc: NRH, TX, USA
the main source for PA80 ready Triton files is on IA's website (www.irishacts.com).

Most of the stuff I've converted (thanks for the plug Terry) is available in the PA80 download area. IA's also the home of most of the PA80 experts as this board tends to foucs more on non-Korg Arrangers.

Be aware that althought the PA has the Triton engine, it has no Arp or Combi capability, has only 2 insert and 1 master effect bus, so not all Triton (.pcg) progs convert exactly. Most sound pretty good with a little extra tweaking. Triton DK's (Drum Kits) SIMPLY DO NOT convert to the PA, so you are out of luck there.

Most of Daz, Mastermalleus, Sharp, Vesa and other Triton'eers 'public' offerings I have convert to PA, including some other standard banks. I'm not the only conversion dude, as Terry mentioned, AJ has done some excellent conversion to.

There are also plenty of Styles available there too, some really good ones. Fabio is the style expert, and you can find links to his french site on IA.

You can get me thru IA or here. I'm hanging...
Regards,
Steve

[This message has been edited by S0C9 (edited 01-17-2003).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online