SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#199967 - 06/09/06 05:19 AM Re: Loading Multi samples into Kontact 1 - help please ?
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Yes, is really simple.
Just double click in the browser files instruments in the left side of Kontakt.
look the pic: http://www.lionstracs.com/site/images/gui/kontakt1.png http://www.lionstracs.com/site/images/gui/kontakt2.png

#199968 - 06/10/06 10:43 AM Re: Loading Multi samples into Kontact 1 - help please ?
softlysoftly Offline

Loc: Perth Western Australia
Reply re Multi Samples.
Hi Frank and Lionstracs.
I may well have my understanding of exactly what multi samples are, quite wrong.
Perhaps you can enlighten me.
Lets for example take a Rhodes electric piano. Each note when played on its keyboard varies slightly in its tone. I thought that multi samples were individually pre recorded notes of the keyboard, say two or three octaves as " a multi sample set " ? Therefore for instance, if you were to play a chord with these multi samples loaded into Kontact you would get the authentic sound of the Rhodes electric piano. This I thought also applied to Piano, Double Bass etc. If you check the site at East West samples, they have a multi sample set of 2 CD roms for acoustic double bass. Rightly or wrongly I have been under the understanding that multi samples are superior to single shot samples for the reasons above ? A single shot sample when played up and down the keyboard is simply repeat interpretation of its original recorded sound when you play it on higher or lower keys in the keyboard.
Am I right here ?

cheers

#199969 - 06/10/06 06:30 PM Re: Loading Multi samples into Kontact 1 - help please ?
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

softlysoftly, your description is about right. The Kontakt Sounds you find on East West will load and play properly on kontakt version 2. They may not work on version 1 if East West converted them to version 2.

#199970 - 06/10/06 07:40 PM Re: Loading Multi samples into Kontact 1 - help please ?
softlysoftly Offline

Reply to Frank re multisamples.
Hi Frank. Thanks. OK, so can I go back to my original question : I have a few sets of multi samples.
How come my Loopasonic double bass multi samples , or my freely downloaded double bass multi samples or my Rhodes electric piano multi samples won't load into Kontact 1 when any and all of my single shot samples will ?
It's weird because I also have Nemesys M500 Megapiano multi sample set and they load perfectly...?

cheers

#199971 - 06/11/06 05:18 AM Re: Loading Multi samples into Kontact 1 - help please ?

softlysoftly, I am afraid I don't have the answer.

What type of samples are your multi samples, giga, EXS, VSL, Soundfont, NKI, etc.? And whatever these are can they be converted by Kontakt Version 1 (your manual should indicate this)? If your multi samples are not native kontakt samples then conversion of such samples is far more complex then your so called one shot samples.

I used kontakt version 1 and now 2 and have no trouble loading multi samples. Kontakt along with GigaStudio are top of the line samplers. They are used by serious composers and screen writers.

Furthermore, East West Libraries come with a kontakt player, namely Kompakt. So if everything fails you could use this player.

#199972 - 06/11/06 05:48 AM Re: Loading Multi samples into Kontact 1 - help please ?
Magica Alfa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by softlysoftly:
Reply to Frank re multisamples.
Hi Frank. Thanks. OK, so can I go back to my original question : I have a few sets of multi samples.
How come my Loopasonic double bass multi samples , or my freely downloaded double bass multi samples or my Rhodes electric piano multi samples won't load into Kontact 1 when any and all of my single shot samples will ?
It's weird because I also have Nemesys M500 Megapiano multi sample set and they load perfectly...?

cheers

Export in GIGA STUDIO 1.6 better 2.5 or letter and than open in KONTAKT You will see that is working. Also in KONTAKT 1 better in Kontakt 2

This is faster way. You can also prepare all with KONTAKT. But here is more hard work to success.

#199973 - 06/11/06 11:07 PM Re: Loading Multi samples into Kontact 1 - help please ?
softlysoftly Offline

Ah !! Now I could be getting closer to finding out for myself why these multi samples will not load. Thanks Frank. I will see if I can find out exactly what kind of samples they are. I guess " properties " might tell me . And Magica thanks. I have wanted to look into Giga studio for a long time, but I guess I will need a separate linked additional PC to do that? Mine is P4 2700mz 512 ram, 120gig hard drive.

cheers, thanks guys.

#199974 - 06/13/06 01:26 AM Re: Loading Multi samples into Kontact 1 - help please ?
softlysoftly Offline

Reply to Frank re Multi sample types.
Hi Frank. My Loopasonic double bass samples are wav files. My Rhodes freely downloaded multis are wav files. My other double bass multi's also freely downloaded, were aiff mac files which I converted to wav files, but aiffs load into Kontact 1 anyway. I also have double bass multi's as mp3's.

cheers

#199975 - 06/13/06 05:22 AM Re: Loading Multi samples into Kontact 1 - help please ?

softlysoftly, seems to me you need to acquire the appropriate samples and instruments constructed from those samples. This will go a long way to making your software system work. Creating instruments from wave/aiff files is a complex business. I have not done this. I have modified instruments which came with the samples and that was complex enough for me.

#199976 - 06/13/06 05:51 AM Re: Loading Multi samples into Kontact 1 - help please ?
Magica Alfa Offline

Yes this is long way.

Is better to find something for KONTAKT and than you are have good sound.

Otherwise you must prepare all sounds with all effects. This is hard work. You don't have success sometimes.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online