SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#199957 - 06/08/06 08:26 AM Loading Multi samples into Kontact 1 - help please ?
softlysoftly Offline

Loc: Perth Western Australia
Hi, Bluezplayer's suggested I try to contact Frank L. Rosenthal at this forum page re loading my multi samples into Kontact 1 sampler via Logic 5.5. I've tried loading them as per the Kontact manual but it aint happenin'. Help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

#199958 - 06/08/06 08:34 AM Re: Loading Multi samples into Kontact 1 - help please ?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Just buy a Tyros 2..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 06-08-2006).]

#199959 - 06/08/06 08:54 AM Re: Loading Multi samples into Kontact 1 - help please ?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Just buy a Tyros 2..

hahaha Fran that T2 would make it alot easier.....my foray into soft synths left me with a big headache and a screwed up computer

Anyway Good luck to you my friend into the softsynth world.

#199960 - 06/08/06 09:17 AM Re: Loading Multi samples into Kontact 1 - help please ?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
AJ and Frank can help you.

#199961 - 06/08/06 06:32 PM Re: Loading Multi samples into Kontact 1 - help please ?
softlysoftly Offline

Re Replies.
Thanks for the wonderfully constructive replies. (...?) I always thought Bluezplayers were good people.

#199962 - 06/08/06 06:47 PM Re: Loading Multi samples into Kontact 1 - help please ?
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

softlysoftly, I am not familiar with Logic so I may not be able to help you. If Logic behaves like any other host and you have called up Kontakt as a VST instrument you should then beable to load any instrument from your hard drive. If you are trying to run Kontakt as a standalone and use Logic as a sequencer then you need virtual midi cables (Midi Yoke, Maple, MidiOverLan, etc. to connect the two.

In general, you would load the files with extension *.nki. Kontakt uses other extensions as well but it may be best to learn with *.nki files. You can drag and drop these files into the kontakt rack.

Softsynths contrary to what others often think are easy to use and will give you more control over your instruments. If you acquire top of the line samples you will also get the best sound available.

#199963 - 06/09/06 04:52 AM Re: Loading Multi samples into Kontact 1 - help please ?
softlysoftly Offline

Reply to Frank Rosenthal.

Frank thanks indeed. That's helpful.
Kontact 1 works beautifully for me when I load and use only my single shot samples and just play the same sample up and down my trigger keyboard. The trouble I'm having currently is that I can't seem to successfully load multi sample sets into Kontact 1. I have Loopasonic's Double bass multi sample set and some very good Rhodes multi sample sets but these multi samples won't load at all.
I'm new to multi samples , but I gather each of the multi samples automatically assigns itself to its respective key on my trigger keyboard ?
Anyway I will certainly take heed of your very good advice.

Thankyou.

#199964 - 06/09/06 05:04 AM Re: Loading Multi samples into Kontact 1 - help please ?
Magica Alfa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by softlysoftly:
Reply to Frank Rosenthal.

Frank thanks indeed. That's helpful.
Kontact 1 works beautifully for me when I load and use only my single shot samples and just play the same sample up and down my trigger keyboard. The trouble I'm having currently is that I can't seem to successfully load multi sample sets into Kontact 1. I have Loopasonic's Double bass multi sample set and some very good Rhodes multi sample sets but these multi samples won't load at all.
I'm new to multi samples , but I gather each of the multi samples automatically assigns itself to its respective key on my trigger keyboard ?
Anyway I will certainly take heed of your very good advice.

Thankyou.

Simply LOAD/save in uper part. for KONTAK or on browser you are aveon left side complete all folders. you can downlaod all sounds what you have in all formats. from akai, .nki, .gig .wav, .aif etc. You will see that this is good thing.

#199965 - 06/09/06 05:07 AM Re: Loading Multi samples into Kontact 1 - help please ?
Magica Alfa Offline

Guys please throw away your Tyros 2.
This is better thing.

[This message has been edited by Magica Alfa (edited 06-09-2006).]

#199966 - 06/09/06 05:11 AM Re: Loading Multi samples into Kontact 1 - help please ?
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

softlysoftly, I am not certain I understand what you mean by multi sample. If you mean that each note is sampled and each velocity level is sampled, e.g., one piano note can have 16 samples then yes kontakt will load such instruments. This assumes that your sampled instrument is in the native kontakt format or in a format which can be converted by kontakt. If you need to convert from another format say soundfont to kontakt then this can be a hit or miss business.

In addition, some of the high level instruments include key switching to allow for such things as guitar noises, sax growls and so on. These too would be additional samples for a given instrument. Some of the piano instruments have over 2 GBs of samples.

So if some of your instrumets work then that indicates to me you have everything installed properly. The problem may well be that the multi sample instrument you are trying to load is flawed or not converted by kontakt.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online