SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#199801 - 05/05/02 02:18 PM Desafinado
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
After a "hot" Santana number, one needs something different, so I have recorded a "soft" Bossa Nova and indeed I have used exactly the "Soft Bossa" style of the SD1 to record "Desafinado". I had always desired to record this tune, but until now had never found the right style; today, thanks to the SD1, I have finally realized one of my musical dreams. The arrangement is very simple; the basic idea was to recreate the atmosphere of a session between -say- Charlie Byrd, Stan Getz and Lionel Hampton, with a good brazilian rhytm section. I have used only three instruments: an acoustic guitar (from my XV 3080 Roland), a Tenor Sax (from the VA7) and a Vibraphone (from the SD1).
You know that I like to dedicate my songs to members of this Forum and in this case I think that the most appropriate one is Dirk Baert (Notlos), because he loves not only brazilian music but the SD1 too.
Hope that you all enjoy; I have put a lot of effort in this song.
Andrea
http://andrearotolo.tripod.com/dreamer/id1.html

#199802 - 05/05/02 03:05 PM Re: Desafinado
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi Dreamer,
Many thanks for dedicating this song to me.
i love the "good performance" you dit on this song of the master "jobim".
It's not easy to play a bossa nova good...i heard it....and......i love it.
Thanks
Notlos http://www.mp3.com/dirkbaert

------------------

#199803 - 05/06/02 06:52 AM Re: Desafinado
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Lovley. The vibes were especially well done.
I had the pleasure of working a duo with a vibraphonist, and it was such a great combination. He could play lead solos as well as nice, lush backing chords when I would (occasionally) solo.
Good stuff !

#199804 - 05/06/02 12:37 PM Re: Desafinado
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Dirk, Dave,
thank you for your kind comments. What can I say? I hope to be able to offer to you all (y'all, including DonM ) more songs for your enjoyment.
Thank you again.
Andrea

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online