SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#199687 - 07/11/06 01:41 PM Re: Roland's Arranger Market Confuses Me...
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Starkeeper..Roland is coming around a bit...MI stores can now sell the G70 and most likely the new E series..

Just think how many deals they lost to Yamaha and Korg, by their marketing ideas!!!

#199688 - 07/12/06 06:03 AM Re: Roland's Arranger Market Confuses Me...
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Tomorrow...Donny and I will play the G70..

Woo Ho. Looking forward to both of your reviews.
Starkeeper

#199689 - 07/12/06 07:16 AM Re: Roland's Arranger Market Confuses Me...
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Donny had to cancel the road trip.Maybe in a couple more days..

#199690 - 07/12/06 04:04 PM Re: Roland's Arranger Market Confuses Me...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
But the first post in this thread is part of the problem that Roland have brought upon themselves..........

By making the keyboards so hard to find and demo, members here like squeak can post away with any silly rumor they might have heard as fact, instead of being able to pop into the local Roland MI dealer and FIND OUT FOR THEMSELVES..........

There's probably only a handful of members here that have even played a G70 in a store, and far too many of them were from when the G70 first came out and had some horrible balance and reverb problems that have since been corrected.

Yet that doesn't stop anyone from posting negative comments about a keyboard they haven't played, or read the manual! The misinformation about the G70 is legion, here, but at least more and more players ARE getting the chance to play it (despite Roland's marketing [lack of] strategy) and are starting to put the rumors to bay.

It is a FINE, professional instrument with a superb action, incredibly easy navigation (unless you are blind), the best SMF and Style editing in the business, and sounds that are competitive with anything else out there.......... Yes, Yamaha have some better voices in their Tyros2, and some worse. As do all arrangers.

HD recording and sampling are features that few will use (sample load time is glacial - WHEN are keyboard builders going to start using USB2??) and most realize FAR more effective with a computer or laptop. (16 bit recording - how 90s!)

Styles are a matter of taste, and Yamaha get the edge, but there are about 70 more styles coming (from the E80 set) that may redress the balance, and, as I said earlier, editing imported, converted and older styles is easier on the G70/E80 than ANY other keyboard out there, so you are more likely to do it!!

But anything you read here, you've got to ask the poster 'Have you ever played one, and when?' before you assume they have any real knowledge........... It's strange, you don't get too many Roland users posting about how, if you play Gm7b9 the Tyros2 will lock up........... probably because it's not true!!!

CHECK YOUR FACTS BEFORE YOU POST.............

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online