SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#199666 - 07/01/05 04:35 PM Luther Vandross has passed away!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Luther Vandross passed away today. He was one of my favorite R&B singers. He was and always will be remembered as a great musician.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#199667 - 07/01/05 05:36 PM Re: Luther Vandross has passed away!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Squeak, though I realize he's been recovering from a stroke he suffered a year ago, I'm none the less, in a terrible state of SHOCK!

Luther ranks as one of my favorite 'all time' male vocalists as well.
Growing up to Luther's beautiful 80's-90's R&B sound, I was lucky to catch him live in concert a few years back. A truly memorable show. He was not only a fantastic singer & performer, but someone who exudes warmth & kindness as well. If you didn't have a chance to see him live, I highly purchasing one of his in concert DVDs, like: Always & Forever. Fantastic performance as well as great backstage rehearsal footage: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...&s=dvd&n=507846

Luther will be greatly missed, but he will live on forever as he has left us beautiful music to cherish for generations to come.

Scott

#199668 - 07/01/05 05:54 PM Re: Luther Vandross has passed away!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Scott,
I have a funny story for you about Luther Vandross. Back in the 90's I ran into him in the bathroom at the Pittsburgh airport Boy was it a funny moment (as least for me it was). Man was I caught off guard too. You can never really be ready for something like that.

I was taking a whiz and I looked to my right and there was Luther Vandross taking a whiz right next to me. To this day I still remember what I said. This was our short conversation. I said, Ahhhhhh man..Damn! Luther turned and said "what.., what's wrong"? I said, no one is going to believe me when I say Luther Vandross took a leak right next to me in the bathroom at the Pittsburgh Airport. He chuckled at that. Just outside the bathroom he signed a jean jacket I was wearing It was a very memorable moment. Then a physcho ex of mine ran off with that jacket years later and I never saw it or that b**** again. I have a bad feeling that jacket (where ever it is) will end up on ebay.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 07-01-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#199669 - 07/01/05 06:30 PM Re: Luther Vandross has passed away!
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
hi guys, in the uk we have a TV talent show called STARS IN YOUR EYES,these people imitate,famous singers men and women from all over the world,they look like, sing like, and act like them,one of the winners was luther vandross (real name harry)he was one of the best i have ever seen,anyway he was over here in spain on monday and i was having a chat with him,(a friend of mine and he used to work together)he works all over the uk ,and in spain,you never know maybe one day he will come to the states,if he does you will be in for a surprise,he has the same charisma,mike

#199670 - 07/01/05 06:55 PM Re: Luther Vandross has passed away!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Truly one of the greatest R & B singers of all time. My wife and I at our wedding danced our first dance to Luther's " Here and Now."

#199671 - 07/02/05 12:55 AM Re: Luther Vandross has passed away!
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
that is such a shock ! He was one of the best ballad singers of all time. Now we have lost Barry white and Luther. What a loss......

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online