SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#199618 - 01/31/07 06:56 PM Re: Tyros 2 speakers
Dnj Offline

Good luck to you .....your gonna need monitors in that case.....get a Rock N Roller kart to carry all that gear.....
http://www.rocknrollercart.com/

#199619 - 01/31/07 07:36 PM Re: Tyros 2 speakers
Gabe Weiny Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Good luck to you .....your gonna need monitors in that case.....get a Rock N Roller kart to carry all that gear.....
http://www.rocknrollercart.com/

Already have one for three years. Already had a flat once. Took it to a bicycle shop and got it fixed for $15. The tube was shot but the guy found an identical tube from a scrap handtruck he had there.

#199620 - 01/31/07 07:45 PM Re: Tyros 2 speakers
Gabe Weiny Offline

OK, on to my next brainstorm.
Anybody have any experience mounting computer speakers to the Tyros2?

In an entire different direction, I had been toying with the idea of the Bose PAS for a while. A guess a PAS would kill two birds with one stone. (Actually three birds if my wallet is counted).

I think headphones would look two geeky...
Perhaps a stereo bluetooth headset would look better. I'm so undecided. I don't want to plunk down the cash for the Tyros2 until I have this worked out.

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

#199621 - 01/31/07 08:53 PM Re: Tyros 2 speakers
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I had the Tyros speakers. Couldn't get rid of them fast enough. The Logitech system is less expensive and far better.
I also tried earbuds for monitors. They are next to invisible.
The best solution is the Bose L1 system. Try it for 45 days. You'll never regret it.
DonM

#199622 - 02/01/07 07:48 AM Re: Tyros 2 speakers
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I've been using a neat little Rowland powered monitor...mounts on a mike stand...is LOUD and weighs about 7 lb. All mail order houses have them for $175.00.

Russ

#199623 - 02/01/07 09:29 AM Re: Tyros 2 speakers
miden Offline

Loc: The World
just as an alternative suggestion why not use a pair of the shure in-ear monitors? they will give you excellent sound and connect the same as on an ipod/mp3/cd player, in the headphones output ...i am guessing they start at about US $70(out here they are about $110) for the EC-3 model, they have better quality more expensive ones too!!)...as they are in ear, they are very small and hardly noticeable...anyhoo just a thought.
cheers
dennis

#199624 - 02/01/07 12:21 PM Re: Tyros 2 speakers
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Gabe, why not use your main PA[JBL's], slightly behind you, so you can hear what the room hears..I have done this for 25 years..I prefer hearing what the audience hears..In my band we use the PA out front as you do, and use monitors..It is much harder to know what the room hears that way..

One other observation, you mentioned you have your speakers 30 feet apart..that is far if you are running stereo, My guess is you are not,,Are you in mono? Unless you are talking about a large room [300 people]..

For small and medium size rooms, I now have a Traynor K4 stereo amp that stays behind me..I can hear great as well as knowing what the audience is hearing..

#199625 - 02/01/07 12:29 PM Re: Tyros 2 speakers
Gabe Weiny Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Gabe, why not use your main PA[JBL's], slightly behind you, so you can hear what the room hears..I have done this for 25 years..I prefer hearing what the audience hears..In my band we use the PA out front as you do, and use monitors..It is much harder to know what the room hears that way..

One other observation, you mentioned you have your speakers 30 feet apart..that is far if you are running stereo, My guess is you are not,,Are you in mono? Unless you are talking about a large room [300 people]..

For small and medium size rooms, I now have a Traynor K4 stereo amp that stays behind me..I can hear great as well as knowing what the audience is hearing..

I am usually doing parties like engagements and Bar Mitzvahs. In most cases I don't have the luxury of a stage which would allow me to put the speakers behind. I most often find myself sitting against a wall with the speakers to my sides. Whether or not I run in stereo varies from venue to venue.

I am seriously considering the Bose PAS. I currently find myself with adequate, but not extra power from the EONs. I hope the PAS would give me at least the same amount of power (in its own way, of course).

#199626 - 02/02/07 03:22 AM Re: Tyros 2 speakers
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The Bose L1 will fill a football field with the same clarity at each end of the goal lines! Some users with reduced hearing, or more "youthful" perceptions of what the "correct" ammount of bass is, find the Bose to be a little light in the bass response. Many disagree.
I find that it comepletely satisfyies the broadest range of audiences, fills EVERY little corner of every room I play in, and sets up fast, looks amazing, and takes up far less room than anything in it's class. Actually, because of the very nature of it's performance - there is NOTHING in it's class. It's a newer, better approach to live sound reinforcement.

My only recommendation is this:
If your audience is 25 and under, you may want to augment the bass section, because that age group is used to obscene ammounts of bass that rattle walls and craniums. I prefer a more balanced sound, but hey - KIDS ! What can ya do?

The L1 makes a beautiful, balanced sound, but some kids just can't dance unless their stomachs are rumbling. Go figure. I can't dance, so I don't understand the concept, but I've played for dancers since 1969 - and this system packs the floor more than any I've ever owned.

#199627 - 02/02/07 05:23 AM Re: Tyros 2 speakers
Dnj Offline

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online