SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#199161 - 04/26/06 06:01 AM Yamaha PSR key friction
MarcK Offline

I recently purchased the PSR-3000. Having previously owned a 630 and then a 2000, I have to comment that on all three boards I have noticed that occasionally a key or two will exhibit friction when it is used. The best way to describe it is that it feels as though a small piece of dirt of the like is lodged between the key and the groove into which it descends when pressed. It doesn't affect the functionality per se but it can be annoying. Has anyone else had this experienced with a PSR?

#199162 - 04/26/06 01:43 PM Re: Yamaha PSR key friction
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Coincidentally I also arrived at a 3000 via a 630 then 2000. However I have to report that I have never suffered from this problem.

Are all the key gaps regular? Do you work in an especially dusty / sandy environment?

If the keybed is irregular or you think you have bits between the keys then the keybed isnt that hard to dismantle; I had to do it on my 630 due to a fluid spillage. Once apart clean all the keys with a suitable cleaner, nothing too harsh or scratchy. I've used glass cleaner spray before now.

#199163 - 04/27/06 03:07 PM Re: Yamaha PSR key friction
familyguy Offline

Hi MarcK.
I had the exact same issue when I bought my PSR3000. It was just with one key. I didn't find it annoying enough to return the unit or send it in for repair.
Funny thing is I forgot all about it until I read your post. I went to my keyboard and attempted to locate the "friction key" and I can no longer find it! I guess the problem worked itself out and I didn't even realize it.

Hope yours does also !

[This message has been edited by familyguy (edited 04-27-2006).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online