SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#198995 - 01/15/02 01:24 PM Re: The King
flowerssupply Offline

Loc: Ireland
Dave for ever and ever amen is a co-dependency song and I can safely say that the majority of the ones I,ve heard are damaging.
They feed into the wrong thinking that we need to depend on another or we will die or pine away or commit suicide. We are still codded by it all and the beautiful operational systems we got have been hyjacked by the industry. The dance I always liked. I must listen again to wind beneath my wings. Wind beneath my wings smacks of dependency but perhaps I have it mixed up.
I have suffered alot through co-dependency and I understand that it is rife in relationships, so excuse me for throwing it in but I am aware (fully and clearly) of its damage to our society.I am only beginning to get my own dependencies in order.
About two years ago I went to a catholic priest to discuss probs re dependency in my relationship. He asked me why I went to him and I said I always had a bit of faith in the cloth -he said thats another Fn dependency. (His actual word)
Dave I am proud of my three minutes as I think that women are oppressed into G strings --- set em free-- sure they burned the Bras -- why not the G strings ?
In Ireland we say you little devil (pronounced Divil) as admiration --often of a child. Re please seduce me let me come -that is surely acceptable in our loving good relationships. Re excuse me I,m all shook up -I was asking to be understood and tenderly treated . Re Good luck me ould charm I was saying goodbye.
Did I misunderstand you ?--Best wishes Pierce and I,d like if you could start a list of good songs.You will have em I expect. I still sing dependency stuff.

#198996 - 01/15/02 01:35 PM Re: The King
flowerssupply Offline

PS all.I,m getting a bit of a laugh also.
We have an artist here called Richie Kavanagh and he got a hit with "Aon Focal Da Focal" whish is Irish for "one word two words" but it sounded like the four letter so the punters went and bought it big time.. He has decended now to a song about His girlfriends Pussy -supposed to mean cat and its a heap of rubbish. He cant sing he cant dance --he,l go along way.
Do any of ye do the song called " The oldest swinger in Town By the bards --twas a hit say 20 years ago. ??? I like song "All the Gold in California" Bills Laundromat Bar and Grill" I love the song by Colin Ray "Love me " I think its called. I sing it occasionally.Pierce

#198997 - 01/15/02 02:07 PM Re: The King
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Songs that speak of mutual love are NOT damaging, and the thought of co-dependency being enticed or glorified by music is crazy. Those are a therepist's words, and don't exist to those truely in love.
You can't take part in a two-way love affair without giving part of your self to the other, that's how it works. It's the GIVING that makes it love. The only damaging aspect of love is the twisted way that hollywood and mtv has painted it for us. I will gladly be hurt again and again, if that's the only way I get to feel the warmth & glow of love.
Let's leave the therapy to those who pay for it. I want roses & lollypops..... and love songs, Amen.

#198998 - 01/15/02 02:27 PM Re: The King
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Too heavy for me. I must be happy and don't know it.
DonM

#198999 - 01/15/02 02:29 PM Re: The King
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
clap your hands .........
if you're happy and you know it ........
aw forget it.

#199000 - 01/15/02 02:33 PM Re: The King
Dnj Offline

haha....True Love is Watching the "Jerry Springer Show"

#199001 - 01/15/02 02:39 PM Re: The King
flowerssupply Offline

Dave I am well aware of the damage caused. The experience I talk of is not therapists words. I will always discuss my experiences - surely you couldnt concieve of me saying that love or being hurt is wrong. I am talking of where we are dependent --ie an addiction to a person. Anyway I stand admonished but I do not think you are aware of co-dependency when you say that songs are exempt. I put alot of effort into what I say and it is with love - sure I get hurt - a lover does. Too many relationships break up over co dependency Dave and I just done my bit of sharing so thanks is the rational response I'd expect but I dont really need it. Thats the difference. I love you anyway.
Hope all is well. I repeat that alot of songs cause trouble and I am fully aware of it. Pierce

#199002 - 01/15/02 03:10 PM Re: The King
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Wisemen say:
Low intensity earthquake in the Memphis area;
is the King turning upside down in his grave?

#199003 - 01/15/02 04:21 PM Re: The King
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Thank You...Thank You Very Much!!!

#199004 - 01/15/02 06:18 PM Re: The King
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
U.D.
You're a better man than I. I'm Irish (another Cavanaugh) and I didn't understand a thing Flowersupply was saying. As Don said, "too heavy".

Tom

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online