SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#198890 - 01/18/02 02:56 PM I got a 2000 pain!!
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
The PSR-2000 has 3 intro's & 3 endings they cannot be saved in registerd memories. Neither can you save layer voice to memory.
I've tried to put them on a floppy. When you
turn the the KB off & back on,then load your floppy, then select your regist. 1~8 it's changed back to default settings.
If you have so many buttons to push before you are ready to play a song! That's not very good!
This, & the fact that all your settings go back to default when you turn the set off.
Why should a person have save every setting to reg. memory any way. If it would stay where you put it that would make it a lot simpler, don't you think!
I hope if they ever change the OS on this board they'll at least fix it so you can save all of your board setups for the song
you want to play to reg. memory.
Other than that I love the board. But I guess we can't expect everything we want, but it just seems when they come out with something new, they take away some great things from previous models.
Oh! Hummmm! Woe! Is! Me!
Don't nobody feel sorry for me???
By Guys,
Nobby

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 01-18-2002).]

#198891 - 01/18/02 03:43 PM Re: I got a 2000 pain!!
flowerssupply Offline

Loc: Ireland
Registrations on x1 are best stored in what is called single registration mode because if they are done in "block" mode the same thing happens as is happening to you. Block mode simply sets things like tempo style etc whereas Single regs store all settings(almost).
Single regs are stored on Hard disk and are accesses when a button called Registrations is lit(pressed).
Perhaps you have similar system in 2000 KB ??
Some setups are only saved if saved as "power on Settings" - I have to press SAVE and select "power on setup" and save.EG pedals setups , midi setups.
I hope this leads you somewhere????Pierce

#198892 - 01/18/02 04:04 PM Re: I got a 2000 pain!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
There is no place to save power-on settings on the 2000 except in a reg. memory. I just save all my setup to one, and call it up immediately on power up. It takes maybe 2 seconds.
I hope Yamaha will address the intro-endings problem in OS update. It would be so easy.
DonM

#198893 - 01/18/02 04:25 PM Re: I got a 2000 pain!!
Beakybird Offline

Nobby,

Please look at some of the previous posts about the PSR2000.

You can save the preferred intro and ending to a USER or floppy style. Just

1. Set the style to the preferred intro or ending. Set the preferred multipad voice and volume, and preferred tempo while you're at it.
2. Press Digital Recording
3. Press Style Creator
4. Press Next to go to ASSEMBLY
5. Press SAVE
6. Press NEXT to save to floppy, otherwise
7. Name the style or just press SAVE

All layered and left hand voices can be saved to USER and floppy memory too. Just

1. Choose your favorite voices
2. Press MEMORY
3. Press OTS 1, 2, 3, or 4
4. Select NO
5. Continue steps 1-4 until you have filled up your four OTSs
6. Select YES
7. Choose whether you want to save to USER or floppy
8. Name and save

I have all of my global registration settings associated with one registration button. Whenever I gig, after I turn on the keyboard, I press:

1. J to bring up registrations
2. The bank that has the global registration
3. The registration button that calls up my global preferences

Having to press three buttons before you get started isn't THAT bad.

If you spend an evening setting up the keyboard and your styles the way you want it, this is an amazing keyboard.

Larry

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online