SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#198869 - 08/28/07 06:43 PM I got my Roland Sonic Cell today!!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Just kidding..

I was told today if may be October before I see it..

#198870 - 08/28/07 07:09 PM Re: I got my Roland Sonic Cell today!!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'm waiting to see what the 'gotchas' are before I go with this (the entire Fantom sound set and others for $800 sounds almost TOO good to be true!), but I'll be checking it out as soon as it hits the streets...

BTW, Fran, as an ex Chord Sequencer user, check out this thread http://www.roland-arranger.com/smf/index.php?topic=376.0 where I tried to put down some ideas on how to IMPROVE the CS (if they reintroduce it, might as well improve it, too!). See what you think...

#198871 - 08/28/07 08:00 PM Re: I got my Roland Sonic Cell today!!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Diki, your ideas sound great..Maybe Roland is already working on it[maybe they are tired of your complaining about the chord sequencer]..

BTW: The E600 chord sequencer doesn't allow for us to use in realtime like the G1000 did..It was designed to save and recall..

The new G series is already in the making..My bet ..you will see the Sonic Cell features incorporated..

Still hope for the CS..And I also can not see why more old G1000 owners never used it..It was the best song writing tool ..

I use to write songs for a gentlemen that wrote lyrics, and chord progressions..It was an easy job for me to put a demo together for him..using the chord sequencer..

#198872 - 08/28/07 08:36 PM Re: I got my Roland Sonic Cell today!!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I got my Roland Sonic Cell today!!!

Wow, didn't realize that Roland's now into mobile phones.

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 08-28-2007).]

#198873 - 08/28/07 08:37 PM Re: I got my Roland Sonic Cell today!!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I always thought the buttons for the CS on the G1000 were too far away from the keyboard to engender casual use. You REALLY intended to use it before your hand ever got that far away from the keyboard... It wasn't something you would poke just to see what it did!

I have asked Roland in another earlier thread to try and use the Mark/Jump buttons (which have NO use in arranger mode) as control buttons for the CS. I think they are already in a FAR better place to be able to use casually than the G1000's were.

I guess I'd better head over to Roland-arranger, and make sure that if Roland ARE working on a CS for the next G-series, they don't use the hobbled E600 version of it...

BTW, if Roland ARE hard at work on the next G-series, I sure hope they concentrate on arranger features, rather than trying to play catchup with Yamaha in putting workstation audio recorders and samplers of little use on to the E80 basic set. If there is ONE Yamaha feature I would like, though, the ability to go seamlessly from arranger play to SMF play would be it... Even most T2 users don't use the sampler much (too slow, too proprietary). Maybe MP3 playback would be nice, but I'd trade all of that in a flash just for a Chord Sequencer, and Multiple Drum Tracks in Style Mode.

I'd sure like to see you post a bit more at the new functions forum at roland-arranger, Fran. You've been using these things forever. I am SURE you've got an idea or two to share with Roland....

#198874 - 08/28/07 08:42 PM Re: I got my Roland Sonic Cell today!!!
Dnj Offline

Scott.......

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online