SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#198665 - 05/05/06 09:09 AM Re: TYROS 2 First Thoughts.........................
HankB Offline

Loc: Bossier City, La. USA
Just my two cents on the bose. I heard it in a small room when I went to see Don at Ernest club and did not hear the overall quality or power of this system, but at the Jam last Sunday I heard it put through it's paces and was highly impressed, not only the clarity of the Bose with 4 keyboards, fiddle, guitar, sax and numerous singers but what seemed to be inexhaustible power. This system carried it all with no problem and did not loose it’s high quality sound.

#198666 - 05/05/06 09:12 AM Re: TYROS 2 First Thoughts.........................
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
If I remember at the time, Uncle Dave sold his second system because he found it unneccessary. I remember emailing him about it. here is one thread discussing this topic
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/009273.html

I found it very interesting to go back and revisit this subject and quality of the samples

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 05-05-2006).]

#198667 - 05/05/06 09:30 AM Re: TYROS 2 First Thoughts.........................
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Uncle Dave isn't necessarily the final answer to everything!

Ok Don, I'll be the first to echo that! , but the fact that he chose that setup had me wondering if this might be the PAS solution to the stereo phase cancellation problem I had experienced (and even utilizing the PASs latest EQ preset settings) when attempting to play my T2's 'stereo sampled' grand piano thru a single unit. - Scott

#198668 - 05/05/06 10:26 AM Re: TYROS 2 First Thoughts.........................
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
I had nothing but compliments from my audiences using one PAS with my T1. Some physical spaces seem to be more suited for the kind of sound the PAS provides. Wide open spaces and tiny rooms where you can not avoid to sit next to the public are great for using the Bose.

A couple of months ago there was a public offer from Bose in their forum. As you know the PAS had an exorbitant price, when it began to be sold in Europe. Bose is not refunding the money I payed in excess, but I'll get the chance of purchasing a second PAS for a very reduced price. I'm going for it.

-- José.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online