SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#198655 - 05/04/06 09:22 PM Re: TYROS 2 First Thoughts.........................
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
I usually buy my hard drives from a place in Floriday called www.driveguys.com
They are selling 80GB Western Digital 2.5" 90mm 5400RPM models for $79.00 on line right now.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California

Thanx George I will surly check this out asap...

#198656 - 05/05/06 03:38 AM Re: TYROS 2 First Thoughts.........................
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
[B]I've said it before, and I'll say it again--anyone that believes their audiences are enjoying the stereo the performer hears on stage is only fooling themselves.

That may be true, but as a performer, if I do not like what I sound like, I won't be inspired to play better. If the sounds coming to my ears are crappy, muddy, and don't give me pleasure, it will project to the audience. This will translate to a less than ideal performance.

Besides, I still say a Hammond B3/Leslie effect in mono will NOT sound as good to an audience as opposed to a STEREO effect. It's the difference between Vibrato/Tremolo, and Phase shifting. You cannot reproduce phase shifting without a STEREO Setup!

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#198657 - 05/05/06 05:39 AM Re: TYROS 2 First Thoughts.........................
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Quote:
That may be true, but as a performer, if I do not like what I sound like, I won't be inspired to play better. If the sounds coming to my ears are crappy, muddy, and don't give me pleasure, it will project to the audience. This will translate to a less than ideal performance.

What inspires me to play better is the response of my audiences. They tend to be inspired by the crisp, clear sounds coming from the PAS. Why not give the Bose PAS a try with those Leslie sounds and then provide us with a report of your findings. For me, personally, I couldn't hear any difference with the vibrato, but the sounds coming from the Bose were much more distinct than those coming from the Barbetta and Peavey amps I used. I don't rely much on organ sounds, therefore, I would value your report after trying the same setup using the Bose PAS. It would also be a good idea to have someone who is not a musician to listen to the comparitive test and provide an unbiased report.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#198658 - 05/05/06 05:43 AM Re: TYROS 2 First Thoughts.........................
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
When your speakers are 6-8 feet apart..The stereo image is fine in just about any room..Naturally there is a sweet spot, and when I set up ..the sweet spot is where I stand..

When speakers are this distance, the audience can still get the stereo image as with a real band..They will hear everything.

In certain situations , as when speakers are 20 plus feet apart, because of a wide room...mono may be the better choice..People far left and far right would definitely have an unbalanced hearing of the music..

#198659 - 05/05/06 06:01 AM Re: TYROS 2 First Thoughts.........................
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Stereo vs. Mono is not only a personal preference, it is like the Chicken and Egg debate. Personally, I go with the Chicken.... or is it the Egg?
Eddie (luvin the Bose PAS)

#198660 - 05/05/06 07:01 AM Re: TYROS 2 First Thoughts.........................
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
What about a second PAS?
Can you use 2 of them to do stereo?

#198661 - 05/05/06 07:05 AM Re: TYROS 2 First Thoughts.........................
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
What about a second PAS?
Can you use 2 of them to do stereo?

Yep, that's the ultimate SOLUTION in my opinion, but it'll break your piggy bank. - Scott

#198662 - 05/05/06 07:31 AM Re: TYROS 2 First Thoughts.........................
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Actually Bose doesn't recommend using two systems for stereo. They warn that phase cancellation can be a problem doing that. The PAS was designed to disperse the sounds BETTER than stereo. You can visit their site and get a complete explanation about this unique system.
Conventional thinking does not apply.
Personally I don't care one way or another if anyone else uses the PAS. I just know how it sounds and the amazing response I've had since using it.
DonM

#198663 - 05/05/06 07:50 AM Re: TYROS 2 First Thoughts.........................
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Actually Bose doesn't recommend using two systems for stereo. They warn that phase cancellation can be a problem doing that.

Ok, but as my memory recollects, I thought Uncle Dave was running two PAS systems together in stereo at one time. - Scott

#198664 - 05/05/06 08:42 AM Re: TYROS 2 First Thoughts.........................
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Uncle Dave isn't necessarily the final answer to everything!
There is no way I would carry around two of the systems. Unnecessary and overkill. And very expensive.
The PAS stands for Personal Amplification System. It was designed for each member of a band to have his own system. There are many touring bands doing just that, with tremendous success. We one and two-man acts have adapted it to our own use, and as it happens, it works great for that also.
On the Bose PAS user forums, in addition to users of all types from all over the world, several of the Bose technicians actively participate. There is all the information and help a person could every want there.
I'm not trying to convince anyone to buy a PAS, just trying to contribute.
DonM

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online